Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Catching Up

I think I have started about 10 posts in the last few months, however I have yet to finish any of them.  So what has happened in the last few months since my last post.

Well we have fired one of Jaris' teachers.  In the end she just was not a good fit for our family, and for Jaris.  However we were fortunate enough that the young lady who replaced her is wonderful.  Sadly the other teacher and her husband are moving to Austraila, so we will once again be looking for another teacher.  In spite of all the changes Jaris has been doing very well, and thriving.

We had our Pauls' extended family Christmas here at the beginning of December, and as always it was  a lot of fun.  The following day we had our family Christmas with my sister and her family.  It was a sad day when my sister and her family left to go back home.

We had Kenzie's 4th birthday.  This year she was allowed to invite a few friends.  I did however draw the line on inviting the whole preschool class.  Kenzie was in her element and enjoyed being the centre of attention.

We had our quiet family Christmas.  My mom came out and joined us.  Once we came home from Church on Christmas Eve we let the kids open their stockings, which included new pj's, snacks, a few small toys, and a Christmas movie.  We moved two mattresses downstairs and had a great big sleep over while watching Christmas Cartoons.  I loved watching the Kenzie, Jaris, and Hayden as they opened their gifts.  Kenzie often said, "this is just what I wanted!" After she opened a gift up.  My daughter seriously is very sweet, and kind hearted.

On the 28th of December we had the Krahn, Cowie Christmas.  Once again my children were so excited to be with family, and to be with their cousins.  Kenzie enjoyed entertaining everyone with her singing and dancing.  And as usual my children were blessed beyond belief.

We also had our 7th anniversary.  I can hardly believe that we have been married for 7 years already.  We celebrated by staying at home , eating take home Chinese food, and watching a movie after the children were in bed.  The joys of having little ones with colds, and also Jeral getting sick as well.  However I honestly can say that I would not have wanted to celebrate any other way.  Cuddles with my love while relaxing, nothing better than that!

I have now gotten sick along with the rest of our family.  The joys of being parents.  So I will be heading to bed rather quickly!  I will eventually get photos up of the last few weeks!  I hope that 2014 is a year filled with love, and adventure!

No comments: