Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Life lately has been full.  I think life will always be full since we have three little ones.  Kenzie had the flu or something last week.  She was puking and at the same time I had a gall bladder attack again.  Not fun being sick, at least though we got to be sick together and snuggle together while we felt miserable.

Jaris went to OT yesterday and he did great.  We are realizing that he has his own way of interacting that at times is just like other kids his age and other times it is slightly different and while one may think he is not engaged, or aware of you being there he totally is.  He has some amazing body language that he uses to express himself.  The Occupational Therapist is excited to get to work and play with Jaris and I am excited about this time too!

The paper work to begin Jaris assessment is on its way to us.  Once I get it done then it will be a matter of when we can have the assessment done.  I keep getting asked by the various therapist that we are working with how I feel about getting Jaris assessed and right now my answer is simply we want answers and we want to put a game plan in place to help him and our family.  Here is the other aspect I may feel more dread and fear if Jaris was going to be on the more extreme end of the spectrum if that is what is going on.  However we know Jaris does progress in his time and we know he can talk and communicate ion other ways.  This is the family we have been blessed with and I would never give up any of the children I have to have the perfect kid. 

All of my children will show me things about God and about myself that no other child in the world could and for that I am thankful.

We moved Hayden into his own room last night!  I was not sure how I felt about that and yet I know it is time for us to move him.  We really wanted our own room back to us and Hayden was waking up anytime we moved or Jeral snored to loud, so it was time.  I still need to decorate his room.  Actually I need to decorate all of the kids rooms the way I would like them to be.  I have a few ideas and have picture up a few pieces for Hayden's room.  Hayden also has cut his first tooth!  This milestone is great and also brings about some sadness as this is most likely the last first tooth we will have.

Below are some pictures I took with my iPhone on my Birthday.  I sure do love my kids!


My handsome and ever growing little boy

Hanging out at the mall on  my birthday

Jaris' idea of multitasking

No comments: