Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Playing Catch Up

Wow it is hard to believe that i have not posted anything since H's birthday.  I have started many posts and just have never finished them.  Yesterday we meet up with our friends and photographers Heather and Bernie at Davison Orchards for a mini photo shoot at the pumpkin patch.  I sure am blessed to have the family that I have.

So life lately has been busy!!!!!!!!!  Busy feels like an understatement.  I do not want to think how crazy busy we will be once the kids start extra-curricular activities.  I feel as though we are going full tilt already.  

Kenzie is loving preschool and thriving there!  She loves her teachers and tells them every school day how much she missed them.  I love the little crafts she brings home every from preschool and I love that she is so social.  The only time she does not want to go to preschool is when Jaris' OT comes to the house to play once a month.  Kenzie loves playing with her.  Kenzie is definitely not a baby any more.  She says that cutest and sometime most precocious things.  Lately she has been asking to have lots of mommy/daughter dates, and has decided she love Chinese food!  So I am frequently asked to take her to the mall so we can have lunch there!  I can hardly believe that in just over 2 months my little girl will be 4 years old.  We are reminding Kenzie that once she turns 4 we will be moving her back to her bedroom for night time.  While she loves being a big girl when it comes to sleeping she insists that she needs to cuddle with mommy all night long.  I do love snuggles, and I am also ready to have my space at night back!

Jaris is having a tough time emotionally with his school.  He is whipping through things at a fast rate so we know he is capable of completing the tasks set out before him.  He just fights with us in the mornings before session.  Normally I can hold him and his huge puppy dog on my lap and gently remind him that mommy needs to leave soon, and i can go.  However we had some really rough days that broke my heart.  I am thankful that after a talking with the supervisors we sorted some things out.  Unfortunately the agency and I did not get off to a good start when I was told by one of the BC's that Jaris needed to learn that when he cries no one will come to his rescue.  Fortunately I was able to talk things through with the supervisor and the BC apologized and they are willing to incorporate family time into Jaris' sessions.  While things got off to a rocky start, we are seeing Jaris grow and blossom.  I still have to bribe him to say,"I love mommy!"  Yet he is saying it now, which is something I never thought I would hear come out of his mouth.

Hayden affectionately called H at home is not a little baby anymore.  He is starting to walk, yet only when he wants to.  if we try to get him to walk he promptly sits down and crawls.  He loves all things soft and snuggly, and frequently goes after his sisters blanket while she sits all wrapped up in it.  We took the gate off the stairs a while ago because he is an expert climber!  He crawls up and to go down he lays on his tummy and gives himself a big push to slide down.  He is very fast! The only slightly scary part is when he decides to show off and stands on the edge of a stair while screeching in delight!  H has 14 teeth with 2 more cutting, so no wonder my amazing sleeper has decided to stop sleeping through the night!  He had another hearing test in September and he passed it with flying colors.  I am hoping that he is just going to be a slow talker.  So we will keep an eye on him.  I love that H still will snuggle before bedtime. Actually all three of our children snuggle with us and I feel very blessed that they do.

Jeral is doing well.  I am so blessed that he is so involved in the life of our children, and that he is so helpful.  I am truly fortunate and our children are lucky to have their daddy so involved in their lives.

Well this is our life!  Hopefully I won't go 2 months until I blog again.




2 comments:

Jen Glen said...

William has yet to hit the professional's milestones in talking. At 18 months they said he was supposed to have 50 words...he barely had five! Boys are just slower to talk on average than girls...as evidenced later on in life when we women can talk and talk and talk and the men just don't need to! :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

cute kids. can't believe K is soon 4!!! Wow, seems like just yesterday you told me you were picking her up from the hospital!