Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!!!!

Well is it Easter Sunday and I am taking a few moments to relax before my family arrives and we have an Easter Sunday Supper. This is the first time I have cooked an Easter dinner. Normally my mom has always cooked it, however since we are shipping birds this evening we could not go to Kamloops for Easter so my mom, Jocelyn (my sister), Chris (sister's fiance), and Jill (my cousin) are at my house.

Instead of cooking a turkey I am roasting two chickens. I hope they turn out! Chinese anyone!?!?!?!?! Just kidding. I will admit that it is a little strange being the one to have her family at her house. I guess that is what happens when you get married. All of a sudden you start to fo grown up things. Or at least the things you do start to fell like they are grown up things. I lived on my own for 3 and a bit years and I never had my family over for the holidays. I always went home! Oh well, the truth is that having a family dinner is not the meaning of Easter.

Easter is all about what Jesus did for me, and for the rest of the world when he gave his life so that we all could have life. As I was sitting in church today I briefly pondered the last year. So much has happened and it has been a crazy year. Some wonderfully amazing moments such has getting married. Then there were some very dark moments when I thought the light as never going to reappear The truth be know however that because of Jesus love for me even the darkest moments are full of light and hope. This year has been an adventure full of twists and turns and the journey is only beginning. God's sacrifice and ulimate victory have made this journey possible.

Well back to cooking. Oiy! I never thought that I would say that! Happy Easter everyone!

Blessings, Leanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Krahn!

Just wanted to say hi, hope your day is going well, and that I appreciated your thoughts on "being still" I think its something that our culture doesn't understand right now. Thanks!
Talk to you soon
Love Renee