Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, April 6, 2007

Painting Blindfoled

Have you ever tried to paint blindfolded before? I have never tried to paint blindfolded before, however in the very near future I will be taking on this task. I'll be honest, I am a little scared about this. I am used to doing everything the best that I can and painting a picture blindfolded can be challenging. Yet I am going to do it out of obedience to God. Actually I am going to more than paintfold the painting blind. I was asked by Jesus to trust him to paint it and to guide my every stroke. Talk about a lesson in giving up control. I will take a picture after it is done and post it on the blog.

I have been down at that Coast (Abbotsford/Vancouver) for the past few days. I spent the last two days of my trip with my best friend Marie. She has a beautiful baby boy name Josiah who is in BC Children's Hospital. He was born 5 weeks early and is having trouble breathing on his own. It is going to take God doing a miracle for Josiah to breathe. The cool part is that God can and will heal Josiah, so we are all clinging to that faith and hope in God and his goodness. as I was driving home this afternoon I listened to a song called "You are Good" one of the lines says
"even when the storms start to sweel all around, You are good!" This is so true, and yet the hardest thing to be able to say when you are watching someone you love and care about hurt so much. Needless to say I am totally wiped now that I am home, and I should be in bed however I am feelng ill so I decided to get out of bed and putter around the house.

I think though now I am going to take some time to sit still and reflect with Jesus for a while. He hasa done some pretty amazing stuff in my life, and today on Good Friday that anniversary of the day He died so many years ago it is important to spend some time reflecting, or at least that is how I feel.

Blessings, Leanne

No comments: