Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, May 11, 2007

Being Carried




Jeral has been gone this past week on a missions trip to New Orleans, and with him being gone I have been able to spend some time thinking and pondering the word "weakness". Our world has this idea of what weak is - weak is someone who is physically frail, emotional, crying well that is a defiant sign of weakness. What else someone who is liable to yield, collapse under pressure, breakable, lacking force, not smart, unself controlled etc. Do I need to go on? I am sure there are other words or definitions as to what weak is. For me to be viewed as being weak felt like the world was ending. If I was weak, I would be vulnerable, and open to more hurt. Being weak was view by me to be a negative. I needed to be strong even if I was on the verge of falling apart, or at least that is what I thought.




Something happened a few months ago that has slowly been changing my view of what it means to be weak. My best friend had her first baby, and there have been many complications with little Josiah. I was in Abbotsford talking to some and when the topic of it being okay to not be strong came up, I told her I needed to be strong when I saw Marie, because she needed a friend who was strong right now. Jesus gently reminded me at that point that in math when you multiply a negative with a negative the outcome is positive. A double negative is a positive. Oiy, I was beginning to get the picture. When I saw Marie later that day we both shared our joys, struggles, and tears (this was hard I have never liked crying). You know what when I look back on that time, I cannot see any weakness in those days. I see Jesus allowing two friends to be real and authentic. I see Jesus carrying both of us. Sometimes the things that we see and think as strong are really weakness. I am coming to realize that being vulnerable and authentic takes way more strength then covering up the "weakness". Jesus after all was considered weak by the world's standards at that time. He was not the strong conquering leader people wanted Him to be. However is some one were to ask me if I thought Jesus was weak, my answer would be a definite no. Jesus in my opinion was the strongest man to ever walk the earth, and he cried! Oiy, gotta love that reminder.




Anyways I have rambled on again.




Blessings, Leanne

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hi there, I don't know if you remember me or not. I found your blog through facebook. We were at Bethany at the same time, though I was only a freshman. Anyways it looks like your life is going great! I have a blog too. Though I've made it a private one now, but I can send you an invite if you want.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Leanne,
How tenderly you write...and wow...how obedient you are to your Father...it's a challenge to me.
You are walking this path so faithfully [hard as it is] and so well. I am proud of you and the paintings are glorious!
Thanks for sharing,
K

Trev and Rebekah said...

Thans for your thoughts. I love your wedding pic by the way!
I was just singing Jesus Loves Me to Isaiah last night and thought about the words: "Little ones to Him belong..they are weak but He is strong." Thought provoking!

Bekah said...

Hello my dear friend, how are you doing? What's new? what's old? Hope you're doing well.