Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, June 11, 2007

Radium HotSprings!

Okay so this weekend Jeral and i went to Radium Hotsprings. Yeah!!!!!! Road trip. We took the motorbike this trip, and it rained oiy! I was very tempted to have a bad attitude when the rain started. I was upset because I had to put my book away. Yes I was attempting to read on the back of the bike. I was reading " A Glimpse of Jesus" by Brennan Manning. I had just put that book away and started "Velvet Elvis" when the rain came. Ahhhhhh!!!!!! At least I had my mp3 player to listen to, otherwise 5 hours on the back of a bike could heave been rather boring. However despite this I decided to have a better attitude. After all 10% of what happens to us are the actually events and the other 90% is our attitude.

The adventure got even better when the motorbike ran out of gas, and wouldn't switch over to the reserve tank. I was a little worried at first. But then decided hey if we have to walk 20 km then we have to walk 20 km. Luckily Jeral was able to get the reserve tank working (I originally miss underestimated the distance we would have had to walk. It was about 55 km to Radium. Now that would have been a walk.

So we got to Radium, and we warmed up before we head to the Hotsprings. The guy at the motel said it was about 2 km, wo we decided to walk. Nope it was more like 4km. I am very blessed that my husband walked at my pace. Nice and easy. It was good exercise and a great time to talk. Once we got there is was relaxing in the hot pool, and was that ever nice. I was secretly excited to get to wear the bathing suit I bought for our honeymoon. I look pretty good in it if I may be so bold as to say so, and I know Jeral likes it and that is what really counts.

Sunday we went to Invemere. Jeral wanted some Kicking Horse Coffee, so since they make it in Invemere we thought it would be a good place to go. Then we headed home. Oiy, I was very sore. Staddling someone on the back of a bike for 5 hours with the bike vibrating on the road, it is unnatural I tell you. On the way home we had another adventure of sorts. We almost got smucked on the road. Some person thought "hey I want to pass this slow vehicle, but hey there is a motor bike. Oh well I am going to pass anyway." Jeral is a great driver that is for sure. He was able to slow down and swurve otherwise we wouldn't be here. Honestly that was rather freaky and I was holding on to my honey with all my strength.

So that was our trip. Now we are home and I am back at work. Hopefully we will have more motorbike adventures soon.

No comments: