Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day Confessions

So I feel that I need to admit that I really have never enjoyed Father's Day ever. I know this is because of my childhood and the lack thereof of a father. I got all wrapped up in my hurt and pain from previous years, and the fact that with my biological father being dead now that there was never going to be a father's day in which I would enjoy celebrating my father. I got so wrapped up in my frustrations I forgot that I have the best DADDY in the world and that is God. I call God my Father and most often when I am praying I refer to him as Daddy, sp if I do that then why can't I celebrate my Daddy God on Father's day. The answer is that I can celebrate God as my Father, I just got so wrapped up that I was unable to see beyond the immediate hurt and frustrations I was feeling.

I still know that I have some things to do in the area of grieving my biological father and the lose that his death brought. A lose of future hope that things maybe different on day. How as I move in that direction and can let I hope future Father's Day will not be so hard. The reality God has been my Daddy for my entire life, and He loves me, so today, the day after Father's Day I want to simply say "HAPPY FATHER"S DAY GOD"! And thanks for the reminder that I can celebrate You!

1 comment:

Cordella said...

Hey! I just came across your blog and was super excited to see it! I hope you keep updating it!