Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Welcome Baby Madalyn

Proud Auntie with her niece Madalyn

Welcome to the world baby girl! It was a blessing and an honor to be at your birth and to watch you come into this world! You are very loved!!!

Well it has been a long yet wonderful day. I awoke to my cell phone ringing at 2 am this morning and it was my sister telling me that she had gone into labor and that she wanted me to come to the hospital in Kamloops. So I quickly brushed my teeth, got my clothes on, made sure my hair looked good and did a touch up on the make up I did not wash off before I went to bed and drove to Kamloops. I got to the hospital to be with my sister for the last 3 hours of labour and the birth of my niece Madalyn Mary McAvoy. My brother in law Chris is working up North and was stuck in the camp and unable to make it time. So I took pictures and video after she was born for him so he can see the first few moments of her life.
Watching the birth of my niece was amazing. I watched my son being born in a mirror and that was somehow different. Probably because I was in a huge amount of pain and not able to think clearly or focus on the wonder of my son coming into the world. So this time watching Madalyn I was in awe and wonder. And then the awe and wonder started all over again when I held her and realized how tiny she was and then I thought about my babes once being that small. Man time flies! Madalyn is perfect in every way and I had a bit of head envy as her head was perfectly round and tiny, not like Jaris' his was huge and ouch!!!!!!
Well now I am home with my babes and enjoying the gift of life that they are to us, and thankful that we are not once again entering into the no sleep stage of things. I will be praying for my sister and continue to be grateful for the night my babes sleep!
So welcome into the World Madalyn Mary McAvoy! We love you and are looking forward to many playdates and fun times ahead!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Very fun that you were able to be there and I am sure it will be a bonding moment for you and your sister. Sad that her hubby couldn't be there though.