Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Preggo Buds!


This weekend Jeral and I left the kiddos with their cousin and her friend for 10 hours (the longest that we both have been away from them at the same time), and went to a friends wedding.  The added bonus was that my dear friend Marie was there and we get the blessing of being pregnant at over lapping times (Marie is 32 weeks here and I am 21 weeks, and yes i know I look further along than that, I am just blessed to be extra curvy).  Seeing that this is probably the only time we will over lap pregnancies (three miracles are plenty for Jeral and I), we had Jeral take a picture of us together.  Seriously so fun!!!!! 

As I look at this picture it is hard for me not to think about how there was once a time when I thought this would never happen.  Jeral and I were walking the infertility path and for Marie and her husband they had one beautiful boy who was special needs and at that time more children were out of the question.  Today Jeral and I have 2 beautiful children via different and yet equally amazing journeys (adoption and a fertility clinic), with a third on the way via yet another journey (thinking we would need a fertility clinic again and surprise nope do not need one).  For Marie and her husband their son went to Jesus after 2 and a half years of blessing those of us who got to spend time with him, and now have a beautiful little girl, with one more child on the way.  We got to walk side by side with each other as we journeyed some of the hardest, most painful times of our lives, and now we get to walk side by side down a different path.  If I would have been asked 4 years ago (or even this past summer for that matter when another our daughter went to be held by God before us) if I could ever really see this picture being taken I would have laughed outwardly (cried inwardly), and said no.  I am so happy I was wrong, and that I cannot fathom the plans of God.  These joys do not erase the years of heart ache for us, or the great loss for Andrew and Marie, yet these joys (our children) add a richness to our lives that I know we are both thankful for.  

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

It's so fun to be pregnant with friends and all the more special when you share history and friendship like you and Marie do.

Chris is a geek said...

what a beautiful photo of you and Marie!

~Caroline

Ashlea said...

Love the photo of you guys! I didn't know Marie was pregnant again; so excited for both of you.