Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our Trip So Far

Well I am sitting here in our hotel room wide awake basically for the whole night. Sleep these days is fleeting for me thanks to the growing little boy inside of me! So I thought I would write a post from my iPad! Sorry this will be a picture less post since I have not taken any pictures so far on the trip. I brought the good camera just have yet to pull it out and actually take a picture with it. Maybe that will change today as we are taking the kids to the aquarium.



We left Armstrong Monday morning and stopped in Kelowna for an appointment and then continued on our way to Abbotsford. While I love getting away when we have birds the last few times we have stayed in hotels have been awful to say the least so I was a little worried about how this trip was going to go, however so far things have been great. Well great outside of the ants in our room, and thus having to switch rooms. However that is a minor detail. On our honey moon we had a huge ant problem in the room we were in, in Hawaii and that problem made these few ants seem like a small detail.



So far we have enjoyed meeting up with friends and their families. And we have done a lot of that. On Tuesday we had two play dates! One in Abbotsford and one in Lynden Washington just across the Border. I think one of my favorite moments of the Lynden visit was when I over heard Jeral and Kevin talking as they were pushing their daughters on the swings at the play ground. Kevin said to Jeral, "could you imagine all those years ago in Saudi, that we would both be standing here today talking while pushing our daughters on the swings side by side!". For me it was one of those heart melting moments in part because I am sure that due to different circumstance for both men all those years ago they probably never pictured such an amazing day like the day they stood side by side with their little girls as proud daddies!



Wednesday was more play dates with my dear friends Marie and Trina and then a coffee date with my friend Rebekah. I wish I would have had my camera while the kids were playing at Marie's. At one point three out of the four were sitting in a small circle and coloring together. It was adorable! I so miss the days when I got to see Marie and Trina almost every other week, and yet I am thankful that we still get to see each many times through out the year. It was crazy realizing that this was the last trip down here before we both give birth to our sons. Good friends are a blessing and always will be!



The other last visit probably for a few years was with my friend Rebekah! God brought our paths together for a short time over the past few years and in reality one last coffee date was not enough time to say goodbye before they embark on their next adventure. However a small amount of time is better than no time at all. Many blessings and prayers for you my friend as your adventures take shape!



Both Kenzie and Jaris have loved playing at both Mill Lake and Eagle Mountain parks. Leaving the parks has been a challenge as the kiddos never seem ready to want to leave the fun of the swings and slides! Kenzie will scream, "Mommy, I want park! I want to swing mommy!". So last night as we were leaving Eagle Mountian the bribe was that when we got back to the hotel we would go swimming in the pool! However I did not have a working bribe for leaving the pool to go back to our room. Seriously with little kids I personally think it is a must to stay in a hotel with a pool! So much fun. I love watching their little faces light up with joy and hearing their giggles and squeals of delight no matter how loud they are!



It honestly has been so nice to be away from the farm. To have Jeral all to us not always seeing something that has to be done here and there in the barns or around the property. While I enjoy when we have breaks the best breaks are the ones without the distractions of everyday life at home! I did say to Jeral on Monday evening as wee were heading out with the kids for dinner that it still feels strange being in Abbotsford and not going to CARES to see Joy. funny thing is yesterday I spent the day with three different women who were all a part of the "JOY" club as we called it. There were five of us in our particular club. Four different women all my friends who at one point or other all saw Joy because I saw her! Okay I am starting to cry just thinking about it. Dang hormones!!!!!! Life goes on and for all of us life has changed in big and small ways since those days. Those days feel like ey were a life time ago yet realistically they only ended a little less than two years.

I am working on a post about Krahn kiddo #3 however I think I will wait for another day to write about him here! I am just so thankful that he is growing well and moving and kicking me on a daily basis! I also love that right now it is something I get to cherish between just him and I.

2 comments:

Chris is a geek said...

Great to hear from you! I wondered where you've been! Enjoy the rest of your holiday :0)

~Caroline

Trev and Rebekah said...

Leanne my friend,

You truly have been a gift to me in the last few years. Walking with me through infertility and miscarriages, heartaches and joys. Like I said you are one of those few friends I feel I can actually bawl with! :0) Thank you for being real and for loving me just as I am. I felt like our good-byes were rushed as I realized it was good-bye for a long time. Thanks for taking time to connect with me yesterday.