Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, July 27, 2012

36 Weeks and Family Photo's

 The cousins!  
 My beautiful daughter full of personality.  Funny thing is she is in this camera shy stage of life and they still got some great shots of her!
 My family L-R : Tyson, Chris, Jocelyn, Maddie, Mom (Olive), Kenzie, Me (Hayden in the tummy), Jeral, and Jaris
 A mother and her daughters
 The kids are going crazy yet not to shabby!
 We were playing round about mouse to get her in a happier mood!
 Love his eyes!  
 31 weeks here in this picture!  More to come on August 4th!
 I love being this boys mommy!
The kids and Dads throwing rock in the pond!


Life is busy around here between two 2 year olds and appointments we are busy, busy, busy.  However today is a stay at home pj day since starting tomorrow we have a week of non-stop appointments and outings.  We are gone every day of the week with something.

Yesterday I had my almost 36 week check up with my OB, and strangely enough yesterday also marked a year ago that I took the misoprostol to force my body to let go of our little baby girl who was already with Jesus.  That night was probably the most painful, hardest, and loneliest nights of my adult life, and the days that followed were so hard on my heart.  

Now a year later I was in the office of the same OB almost 36 weeks pregnant with our son.  And crazy enough we have 3 weeks and 2 days at most until he is here!  So far so good with Hayden, however my blood pressure is doing what it did at this stage when I was pregnant with Jaris, it sky rocketed through the roof.  We are waiting to see what next week holds.  I have another appointment and an ultrasound.  We are still hoping and praying that my body goes into labor naturally, and I am secretly hoping by the 16th of August in part because I really would like to have both of my support people there and Jeral.  However I also know Hayden will come when he is ready unless we get to August 20th.

Last night Kenzie was sitting on my lap looking at the pictures I just posted and I decided to pull up two more pictures.  I spent some time telling Kenzie about about the woman who gave birth to her and showed her a picture of the two of them together and told her that we can look at this picture and talk about it when ever she wants.  I know she does not totally understand yet, and that is okay.  We really do not want to showing her the picture for the first time when she is 5 or 6 and throwing her world for a big loop.  We want conversations like last night to be normal so when she is able to understand more it is not strange or weird.

I also pulled up the only pictures we have of Kenzie with her namesake.  Honestly the lighting is awful and I am sure that they got better pictures with their camera when they came to visit her when she was 5 weeks old.  One day I will have to explain that the locket in her hope chest is not from her birth mom, instead it is from the lady we named her after.  I am thankful that Kenzie can also read my blog from that time.  It is funny one would think that after not seeing or speaking to someone for 2 years you would not miss them however ...!  The reality is Kenzie has lots of people who played a huge roll in her becoming a part of our family that she may or may not ever meet.

Well I have lunch to make for the kids, laundry to do, and rooms to tidy up!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

beautiful you and beautiful pictures.