Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Well Hayden had is 3 month check up last week and he is a big boy.  As my doctor put it Hayden at 15 weeks is the same size as an average 8 month old!  Then she said Leanne you have turned into a baby making machine!  I laughed as she said she remembers when I first became her patient and how at one point we both were unsure if I would be able to get pregnant.  Now she is reminding me that breast feeding is not a form of contraception.  Once again I laughed and told her we know and have no intentions of having another one anytime soon if at all.  Three children is a great number and I am so thankful for the three miracles via three journeys we have been granted the privilege of loving, nurturing, caring for, providing for, and guiding through this life.

So the kids!!!

Kenzie - is so cute and she knows it!  Tonight when I got home from Kelowna I told her I had bought her birthday presents and had then in a special place.  She asked me to pick her up and then she kissed me and said, "Mommy you home, and you hid my presents in the van right?"  Yes you little smarty pants!  Good thing she did not go running to the van to find them!  The theme is Strawberry Short Cake this year for my soon to be three year old!

Jaris - I quickly made him a weighted blanket and we will see how he likes it.  I am going to take more time to make him one.  I just wanted to do one fast so we could see if it would help.  We also ordered him two weighted stuffed animals.  I sort of want to steal one for me.  Jaris is also starting to talk more.  At least I am understanding more of his jibberish.  At lunch today he looked at me and said, "I have some."  Some is really the only clear word that others would understand.  However I understood to other two words in that sentence.  Jaris has begun multi-tasking, and his idea of multi-tasking is taking my iPhone and Jeral's iPhone and watching a movie on one and playing a game on the other.  When I got home tonight I thought he was running up to me for a hug.  In reality the hug and kisses were offered up solely for the purpose of getting my phone!  Thank you son!  I love you too, and I am not ashamed of trading my phone for hugs and kisses!

Hayden - well like I said he is the size of an average 8 month old!  He is smiling more, cooing more, and laughing more!  I love watching his little personality develop.  I will admit that one of my favorite things is when he is awake and babbling away in the morning and peer over the side of his crib and he hears my voice and sees me and smiles.  That melts my heart.  These are all things Jaris did not do at this age, so seeing Hayden do all these things now and also rolling back to front numerous times puts my worries to rest for the most part.

I have said it before and I will say it again!  My children are often the hardest part of my day, and yet they are the best part of every day!  I never would have fathomed when I married Jeral almost 6 years ago that we would have three children age 2 and under (okay one of them is almost 3).  Yet we do and we have an adventure every day.

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

why the weighted toys and blanket?

Love you and was thinking about you today