Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Getting my Butt Kicked!

So I have started going to the gym with my friend Karen (pronounced car-rin, it's South African). The above title is suitable since yeah I am getting my butt kicked in a good way. I must say I like the idea of going to a gym better than buying all the equipment and working out at home. This way I have lots of motivation. A friend to go with, and money is going out monthly, so I had better use it.

Plus oh gym equipment is so much nicer than the stuff you can buy for using at home. At least I have found that running on the treadmill at the gym is different than at home. The treadmill I have a t home I feel like I am going to break it every time I start to run, because it shakes and rattles. The gym treadmill is nice and not has hard on my knees.

I have been doing a class with my friend called Body Pump, it is a one hour class in which we work the different muscle groups in our body with continuous repetitions. I am so sore at the end of it and that is so good. All in all I am excited because I am also loosing weight as I do this. So far to date about 18 pounds in total. I am so stoked about that.

I have a few goals and when I reach those goals I have a plan to celebrate them.

I started off at 260 pounds (I am a big curavtious woman and proud of it)

At 210 (50 pounds lost) I get to go get the butterfly tattoo I want.
At 199 ( no longer in the 200) I am going to go shopping for a few new clothing items, and I will wear the little cute brown dress I bought for my honeymoon that now does not fit me.
At 175 (a lose of 85 pounds) I am going furniture shopping with my husband or we are going away on a cruise, on of those two things!!!!!:)

I have a few other things I am planning to do a long the way. However the above mentioned are the big ones.

Well I shall go finish making supper and then out to coach soccer!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

so proud of you!
i think this is what i need to do - set goals...and a tattoo would be the perfect one...we should lose our weight together, and then meet up & get our 50 lb loss tattoos together! mine would be a lotus flower.
i lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks just eating breakfast. but i know that's not going to be a consistant weight loss...so i have to keep working. wish i lived closer & we could go to the gym together!
and since you were honest about your weight, i'll tell you where i'm starting so that you can keep me accountable.
i weighed myself on Sunday - and i'm at 212.
we can do this....right????
love ya.