Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I am Going to Be an Aunty

Well the title says it all. My sister called me today to tell me that she is pregnant.

If I am being honest I have a mix of emotions. I want to be happy and excited for her, and at the same time my deepest pain and wound gets opened a little wider with this news.

Lord I know that my sister and I have different stories. Can you please help me to understand mine a little better so this will hurt a little less? I guess in about 8 months I will be welcoming a new nephew or niece into the world. I pray that I will be the best auntie that I can be and that my new niece or nephew to be will never ever doubt my love for him or her.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

i know exactly how you feel...and i ache for you, yet am SO excited for you as I know the joys of being an Auntie...and how my love for my niece has overcome ANY jealousy. i'm praying the same for you!! :) love you.