Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, January 9, 2009

ISAIAH 34:1b-2 & 5-6

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, "Give them up!" and to the south, "Do not hold them back." Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth - "



Jeral and I are seeking out the wisdom and heart of God for us and our future family. I have been struggling with knowing if whether or not I am hearing him correctly, or if my heart is getting in the way. I am happy that I have such a gracious and loving DADA. I am also thankful that when I doubt whether or not He is speaking to my heart, He points me to His word.

The past two years I have felt as though I have been in raging waters, and through purifying flames. The pain, the hurt, the intensity of this journey towards being a healthy and whole person is something that unless you have walked through your own waters, and flames it would be hard to understand. Yet I am still here and I know that is by the grace of God my DADA!

Wow am I ever blessed!!!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I read that verse not too long ago. Thanks for posting it.
Looking forward to Wednesday.

Janelle said...

my heart hurts today.
don't really want to talk about it...but just want to tell you i love you, and that i am so happy that you keep looking in the right direction...UP.
i hope your DADA holds you extra close today. love you.