Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, January 5, 2009

This, That and the Other Thing

So I have not posted in a while, well a while for me. In part because we have been so busy, and in part out of necessity for my heart.

So Jeral and I had a wonderful Holiday season. Christmas was great, and somewhat not what I had expected. We stayed here for the most part, and when we went to my mom's place it ended up being just her and us. My sister and her husband slept in and missed the ferry in Victoria so they were not there. At the big family Christmas a cousin showed up and she was 4 months pregnant. This caught me off guard and I was happy that we had our God Daughter to keep me occupied and distracted from all the pregnancy talk.

I also hit rock bottom over the holidays. Yet I am now doing much better.

Jeral and I had a nice anniversary. We got away from the farm for a night and went to a nice Resort in Kelowna. We spent the day in Kelowna shopping. We had dinner at the resort restaurant, and then we had wine as we sat in the jacuzzi and talked about the future. More to come on that in a later post.

We spent New Years at Gardom Lake Bible Camp. We had a good time being with friends, I sat a crocheted a lot. I made two mitts in the time that we were there. I love being crafty. I love to make things, to create. So fun.

So this New Year what are we up to? Well I am going back to the gym with a friend. So nice to have that accountability. I am some one who needs accountability in this area. While I have continued to loose weight, it has been slower because I have not been working out as hard. I want to be at my goal weight for this summer, so back at it I go. Jeral is saving up for a motor cycle trip with his dad and uncles, and other than that we are looking forward to growing closer together and enjoying friends and family this year. My sister is due in three weeks so we are excited (I still need to talk to Jesus about how I feel), that soon there will be an addition to our extended family!

That is it for now. I need to go work out at home before I go to the gym later this afternoon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Umm I need an accountablity gym buddy too! I am officially in at good life so if you into going sometime just let me know and we can connect.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I'm proud of you with all your hard work at eating right and working out. It feels good to take care of oneself. You look great!
Can't wait to catch up again.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I'm proud of you with all your hard work at eating right and working out. It feels good to take care of oneself. You look great!
Can't wait to catch up again.