Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, February 20, 2011

So we have hit 4 weeks of the kids being sick! So not fun, and that is a bit of an understatement. This past week Kenzie has been so not herself. Normally our little girl is all smiles and is not one to cuddle all day. This week she has spent a lot of time crying and basically just not sure what to do with herself. Getting her to eat has been hard, and getting her to drink anything has been even harder. I had to spoon feed her with the medicine dropper. She has wanted me to hold her and walk around, however if I sit down she starts crying, and well there is no way she wants me holding her brother when I am supposed to be holding her. I have spent many nights this past week walking around our house with her in my arms when everyone else is asleep. One night it was 3 hours of her screaming until she finally fell asleep from exhaustion. It sort of reminds me of a year ago when Kenzie was 7 weeks or so and she got a cold and then I got it and I basically walked around carrying her all day in my arms. if I sat down then to rock her she freaked out so I walked, plus walking meant I could breathe a bit myself.

Jaris has also been sick for the past 4 weeks. His disposition is a little different than Kenzie's, while she lets you know very vocally that she is upset and wants you to fix the problem for her. Jaris is a little vocal until mommy is holding him or daddy is holding him in just the right way. And what is the right way, well at night it seems to be skin to skin. The whole sucking snot out of their noses this is like world war 3 around here. It does not go over well at all. Funny how little babes do not like it and yet as an adult if the snot sucker worked on me I would totally use it when I am sick. Once he is all snuggled in with a soother if he can breathe enough to use it he is good to go. Both of them are coughing up a storm. Jaris has twice coughed up the biggest load of snot all over me. Yuck I know! I am at the point now where if the snot is running down both their noses and I am not in the vicinity of kleenex I just use my fingers and wipe it off on my jeans. Yep gross, I got it, however we are so used to snot in this house that I have left go of some of my princess ways and gotten back to my camp days when in that instant you make due with what you have. Yet with all of this sickness stuff going on it has been a treasure to watch Jaris and Kenzie keep developing and progressing in their abilities. Both are doing great in that department.

I look forward to the day when our family is no longer sick, and here is hoping that is soon!

4 comments:

Ashlea said...

Sorry that your little ones are sick, and have been for so long Leanne! I totally get about wiping snot with your fingers and other gross things you thought you'd never do. Hope you are able to get some rest!

Unknown said...

isn't it amazing how something so disgusting as wiping snot with fingers is just what you do as a mom and before having kids you would have started gagging and puking at the sight of big green boogers? lol. It sure is a nasty cold going around, it has been hanging around here far too long! Hope your babes get better soon!

Caroline said...

So sorry to hear that you've all been sick for so long :0( Praying you are better soon!

Trev and Rebekah said...

So sorry to hear of all the sickness. And yes as an adult I too would love a snot sucker some times! :0)

We won't be driving through your way as we decided to fly now.