Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This is how I found Jaris a couple of days ago. he woke up at 5:30 am and would not go back to sleep so Jeral got up with his, and at about 9 am he got really quiet and when I turned around to see what was going on he was sound asleep, so I ran upstairs to grab he camera. He is so adorable! I love being his mama!

My little girl! I love how she loves teddy bears and soft things. just like her forever mama! I still sleep with a teddy bear or two! And yes she is holding a nice big fat licorice! It helps on the days when nothing seems to work with teething.

I have been wanting to post for a few days, however life with two babes and being sick with the cold that keeps on giving has hindered this. So what is new around here!


We are on round two of the cold that keeps giving! So not fun. I think the kids are on the mend, however I am hoping that by tomorrow my cold miraculously is gone because I have an appointment with and ENT Dr. to talk about my constantly congested nose! I really do not want him to think that the cold is the reason for it. Plus our barns are empty and we are hoping to have some time to do family things and that will not be as fun for me if I am sick!


Kenzie - all I can say is wow. Her walking has opened up a whole new world for her and I am constantly thinking she is in one place only to realize she is not! The other day I did not know she was behind me and I took a frying pan out of the cupboard to make her lunch and as I turned around I whacked her in the head. I felt awful! She is a pro at climbing up and sliding down stairs. We were at a friends house last night and Kenzie was going down the stairs backwards, and when she saw me coming to get her she started sliding even faster. She is a smartie pants my little girl!
Jaris - He is sitting up all on his own these days without the help of Mama! I was sitting on the rocking chair the other night and I had plunked Jaris down to play with a toy when he saw another toy so down to his stomach he went to crawl over and normally that is it he is on his back or stomach until one of us helps him sit up. Yet to my amazement I went in the the kitchen to grab something and when I cam back he was sitting up! Since then he seems to want to move non-stop and show off his sitting skills. I think for me watching him reach these milestones is all the more amazing because there was a time when we were legitimately not sure if he would ever be able to do something as simple as sitting up on his own. Now he crawls, he laughs, he smiles, he talks, he makes eye contact, holds his own bottle, picks up food and feeds himself, and sits up on his own, among other things.
I am a lucky mama to have two such amazing babes. Periodically I think back to what life was like a year ago and I did that last week. A year ago I had a tiny newborn baby girl and was 7.5 months pregnant and sick. Life was a complete fog. Now a year later, life is not a total fog anymore. I am sick yet again :( , however this time I am pretty sure the congestion will not stay for the next 6 weeks or so!!!!!!

3 comments:

Renee said...

that pic of kenzie really makes me want one of those fat pieces of licorice!! i think we're making a trip to the gas station.....

Trev and Rebekah said...

Hoping you feel better and that the dr. appointment goes well

Janelle said...

i LOVE hearing you talk about your kids. it makes my heart so happy. :)