Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Walking, Crawling, and Food Throwing

Sorry I have not posted in a while. We have all been sick and life with sick kids is so different than life when it was just Jeral and I and one of us got sick. I must admit it seems that everything on the outside world stops when little babes are not feeling well. It has been a week and a bit here and just when I thought that kids were getting better they both have developed a cough. Add to that insomnia on mama's part and wow life has to stand still just to some what function. Oh well!

So what is new?

Kenzie is walking all over the place and a whole new world has opened up. There was lost of freedom in crawling however the freedom of walking wow! I must admit it is a little surreal to see her walking up to me or to turn around and have her standing there and i had no clue she was there! Yet it is also the best feeling in the world to have her hear me come in the house when I get home from my weekly trip to Kelowna and she comes run/walking down the hallway with her arms open wanting me to pick her up for a great big hug. I am a lucky mommy that is for sure. She is starting to say more words, or let me correct that we are starting to understand her a little bit better! I love listening to her talk and babble aways. However i love her laugh. When she and Jaris get going it is the best thing in the world. Okay with kids there are a lot of best things in the world!!!!

Jaris is getting better at commando crawling, he is getting fast! Put the right motivation in front of him and wow watch him go! Yes a bottle is normally the right motivation, however he also has his favorite toy, and both kids love books, so put a book out of arms reach and he will go for it! i think he is going to be a reader as he gets older! He is talking lots and definitely knows when mommy or daddy have taken something away that he wants. It is also fun to watch him watch his sister. I know he so wants to keep up with her and follow her, yet his little muscles just are not able to keep his big body going at the same rate. However one day those muscles will get bigger and wow i know I will be running non-stop.

As parents we are trying to figure out how to correct and guide our babes the best we can. Kenzie is in a stage of throwing everything off of her tray when she is finished eating or just to get a reaction out of us. Telling her ta-ta or no does not seem to work for throwing the food. However ta ta works rather well for other things.With the food thing She just looks at us and laughs, which is so cute, and so hard not to laugh at, however we are trying to teach her that there are other ways of telling mommy and daddy that she is done with out makig such a huge mess. Jaris doesn't throw food yet. However he may never since he loves to eat so much. The bottle on the other hand has been chucked a few times. I guess we as parents are getting out of the stage where everything is so cute and we do not need to worry about correction and guidance as much to now needing to think about it more. I am glad though that Jeral and I are on the same page with this. I think it would be very hard to be on separate pages. The benefit of going through the adoption process it made us stop, think, and talk about how we want to guide and correct our children when that is needed. Parenting is not all hugs, kisses, and snuggles!

Jeral - he has a cortisone shot last week and his knee is doing better. I still want to do most of the chores however it is nice knowing that some days I can ask him to do them so I can spend a little more time with my babes! I know not being able to be as mobile as he would have liked to be was taking a toll on him. He likes to be active and I know he wants to be an active dad and the thought of not getting to go on hikes, or go on bike trips with our family was not a happy thought. However all seems good for now and we are thankful that no knee replacement is needed as of now.

Me- well what can I say? Life is moving along some days are great and others are not so great that is life! I am thankful that as the babes are getting older taking care of them seems to be easier, or maybe it is just different. So there you have it, our life as of late! With that I say have a great day!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Good to hear from you. I was thinking of you today or was it yesterday?

Yes for me personally I felt like life got a bit easier once my son was crawling and sleeping through the night. It sure was busy to chase after him but nothing like having to nurse all the time or being up numerous times at night.

Looking forward to hearing Kenzie talk next time I see her.

Love you my friend