Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas!

Just the beginning of Christmas decorations! Love this time of year. Now take down is not nearly as much fun.

Foyer! Notice the new piece in the main foyer! I snagged it at HomeSense! Love that place and have spent way to much money there as of late!


Top of the China cabinet with a few of my Willow Tree figurines! Now I fully know that this does not look as great as it does first hand as if you were here sitting in my living room with me sipping on a cup of tea while chatting away, so you will have to trust me when I say all the Christmas Decor looks way better in person! So if you are in the neighbour hood my friends feel free to pop on by and check it out for yourself!




So adorable! I Love you MacKenzie Joy!

Look at that face! Seriously who could say no to that face?




Life is full with two little ones. I have been getting our home ready for the holidays lately. Little bit by little bit. I have figured out that this is the best way to get all the decorations up with two toddlers wanting to be with me right in the action. Now if only I could take a month or two to take all the decorations down!

Everyday I feel as though my babes are getting that much older. New words are coming out of their mouths and they are understand more and more of what we are saying. They are accomplishing tasks that make me smile. Soon they will no longer want mommy's help with puzzles! They are growing up so quickly.


I am still amazed any time someone who has heard our story of how God has grown our family, will ask me which one of my children is mine. I calmly reply both of my miracles are mine. Then follows a, "You know what I mean, which one is biological?" Really, do I really know what you mean. This past weekend when a man said that I told him I forget, and biology does not matter I carried both my children in my heart and that is what matter. The reality is that no one looking in from the outside would know which of my children is adopted and which of my children is biologically ours. Both my miracles were birthed and carried in my heart long before the story of how they came to be in our family was created. Please do not get me wrong we are in no way ashamed to say that Kenzie is our miracle through the gift and blessing of adoption. I am just tired of people thinking that just because I carried one in my body physically for 38 weeks and 4 days that he is some how more mine son that Kenzie is my daughter. I know that this will be a comment/question we will face many times in the years to come. I also know there will come a day when Kenzie and Jaris understand the question that is asked while they are around, and I do pray that God will protect and shield their hearts and that my actions will speak louder than any words ever spoken by others.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Your home is beautiful as are your kids... wish I would take you up on your offer and just pop on over! A cup of tea while enjoying your decorations and your conversation sounds like the perfect thing to do on a chilly day!