Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Life in Pictures and Little Lessons Along the Way


So I am trying a post with the Blogger App on my iPad. This post is mostly pictures off of my iPhone from the past few weeks since my gall bladder surgery!


Cuddles with Auntie Karen. We got to go out for lunch with Karen today. It had been way too long since we had last seen her. It was good for my heart to get to have lunch with my daughter and my friend. After Kenzie and I took the afternoon to go shopping and spend time together!  I love mommy/daughter days!



We were getting the hanging baskets and the planters filled with flowers the other day and this cute little boy was playing outside while we worked!  I love his expressive face!


The other morning Jeral came downstairs to find Jaris asleep on the floor. He must have looked for us in our room only he could night find us because we are sleeping on the floor in Kenzie's room while our bathroom renos are taking place. 


I bought us new bedding for when our bathroom and bedroom renos are done. I just decided to use it now!  I love pillows!  Lots and lots of pillows. 

My mom has been here for a good chunk of this month helping out as I recover. Hayden loves Grandma time that is for sure!  The other two are ready to go back to just being the 5 of us though!  However they will have to wait just a bit because I still technically am not allowed to pick them up. However what I am allowed to do at this point and what I do are two different things. 


So we added to our family yet again. Meet Blackie!  He is a Merrema Sheep Dog/Black Lab Chow mix.   He is still adjusting to us and we are still adjusting to him!  Luckily for us the family we got him from has agreed to board him for us while we go to Calgary to visit my sisters family. 

Jeral has done a lot of work taking apart our master bathroom so the work on it can begin. After a day of taking down a wall and pulling apart moldy boards Kenzie had daddy sit down so she could clean his dusty head!


Jaris loves the water and anytime he is outside he wants me to turn on the water hose so he can play!


The night before Mothers Day 2 of 3 miracles decided they wanted to stay up late and snuggle with me!  I love how snugly my kids are.   They also got me the best Mother's Day gift. It was a new comfy chair and ottoman for my office. They got it for me early an it was the best gift ever as right after my surgery I basically slept sitting up in the chair. It was the only was I could sleep as laying down hurt way to much!  Besides my chair for my office they spoiled me and got me an iPad mini (I had the iPad2).  We wanted a smaller screen and we gave the iPad2 to some special for helping us out so much. I know we could have sold it, however I prefer to bless others if and when we can!


Hayden has taken to wanting to eat whatever we are eating. He will refuse to eat unless we feed him what everyone else is eating. It is crazy how fast my baby is becoming a big boy!


One of the last bath times I the double jacuzzi!  I sure do love my boys and know how encredibly privileged I am to be there mom!


Blowing bubbles is a very fun past time in this household!


Siblings playing well together!  Yes there re times when they play well together!


And photo prof the he is eating like a big boy now!  He is so cute!  Yep blessed to be his mommy!


Life is never dull around here. I was thinking today about how our lives have changed since Hayden was born. The last 9 months have been full that is for sure and in reality the last 3 weeks have altered our lives in many ways.  

Two days ago Kenzie asked me if I was happy. This is not an uncommon question coming from her. She asks about 10 times or more a day. Normally my response is yes I am happy because I get to be your mommy and that makes me happy. I don't want to bog her down with the events of the last few weeks, and in reality not all of what happened is age appropriate for her to know. However this time I told Kenzie I was not really all that happy, and I told her in an age appropriate manner why!  In the end we had a great talk about secrets and how keeping secrets even if we think we are protecting others, or trying to protect ourselves can actually do more harm than good and that is why we will never keep it a secret that Kenzie is adopted. Then I told her once again the story of how Kenzie came to be our daughter and we talked about the woman who carried Kenzie for mommy and daddy.  Kenzie even said her name before I could and then Kenzie said, " Sometimes I am sad and miss "G", and then I think of you mommy and I am not sad anymore!"  I know on many levels Kenzie does not fully understand what it means to be adopted, yet I know as she grows up so will her understanding of what it means for her to be adopted. As her understanding grows we will have any more questions and emotions that will come up. It is my desire that I will  be able to acknowledge and allow her to express what she needs to regardless of how it may pain me because I know that this is her journey and she deserves the truth, and to have her feelings acknowledged with out me making it about me. I love the lessons my beautiful children are teaching me! I love that they are reminders that there is more to life and God than what my pride dictates to me there is. Children many times are the best teachers, and I love that I am blessed enough to learn from mine!

1 comment:

Jen Glen said...

What a great idea putting Hayden in the laundry basket in the bath tub! I've never seen that before, but we may just have to try that with the next one!