Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Just a little Update

Wow the last few weeks have been very full and we are not done yet!  So where to begin!

1) The middle of April we got together as a family to celebrate Jeral's parents 50th anniversary!  It was a great time of hanging out as a family, and while I know i am bias I think that my kids stole all the attention because they were so cute and they realized we would all clap and praise them if the sang and danced for us! 

2) This past Monday we were in Oliver so I could attend my step aunts "Celebration of Life".  She passed away very suddenly.  She was only 54 when she went to sleep and never woke up.  Jeral and the kids stayed with his parents while I was at the Legion with family.  There really are very few left on that side, well very few that I know.  People kept pointing out my dad's cousins and I had no clue who they were, nor did most of them know me.

3) Really this should be number 2 the day before we went to Oliver we travelled to Kelowna to watch my nephew play soccer.  The kids were in their glory hanging out with their cousins and grandparents.

4) Yesterday May 3rd I had Gall Bladder Surgery finally.  Originally I was told it would not happen until mid to late June, so I was thankful that it happened much sooner.  It was laproscopic which means that the healing/recovery process will be much smoother, and quicker.  I actually feel really good.  So good that I am sure I over did it yesterday when I got home!  Which means today I will be staying in my room and resting for the most part!  I was told no heavy lifting for 6 weeks and when I asked them to clarify if my 8 month old that weighs 26 lbs was considered heavy lifting they said YES!  Oiy!  No driving by myself for this next week or for as long as I am taking t3's as pain medication.  I shocked my surgeon when the first words out of my mouth were when can I get on the tractor and start mowing the lawn again?  Answer not for the next 2-3 weeks depending.  Insert sad face here. I love mowing the lawn.  So now I am home and I am thankful that my mom and my sister as well as her kids are here to help out.  My sister and her kiddos are here until Tuesday and my mom will stay for as long as we need her.  I will admit that one of the advantages of being well endowed in the chest area is i can prop the ice pack up under one side and then I have two free hands for typing or journaling.

5) On Monday May 6th at 9 am we have Jaris' assessment.  You know us we like the waiting game and then bang all at once we do everything!  No that is not really what we like yet that is how it seems to be.  We have been waiting for this assessment to take place in the hopes that we will leave it with some answers and a game plan to better help Jaris.  At this assessment though we will have to inform the Pediatrician, and the Psychologist of some new information that has just come to our attention about Jeral and what he possibly could have had as a child.  We are not sure if this information will affect the outcome of the assessment or delay us in getting a diagnosis, and then subsequently an action plan put in place to help Jaris and to help us.  Needless to say we have had a lot on our plates not only in regards to my surgery, and also trying to process and talk through some things before I had surgery and researching so we know what we are walking into the assessment with. While we are grateful that we know have some knowledge and a possible better understand as to what happened to Jeral as a child we truly wish we would have been told sooner, as it is Jerals right to know and then we would have looked into things with Jaris a lot sooner and been that much futher a head with helping him than we are now!  No matter the outcome of Monday we know that we have a long road a head of us with many ups and downs as we do everything in our ability to hep our son learn to talk and understand, and as we help him develop and guide him.  Parenting children is a journey and parenting a child with a possible neurological disorder presents us with a twist in the journey.  No matter what we Love Jairs and our blessed that he is our son.  After we prayed and literally at times begged God for all of our children, so disability or not he is loved and he is a joy and blessing!

6)  We will finally be starting our bathroom renovations on May 15th give or take a day or two depending on how I feel!  Yeah for finally getting this underway!  I am very excited for the final product!  I will take before and after pictures  to post on here eventually.  The other reno we are also staring mid May is the residing of our house.  We are changing the whole color scheme.  The house will look nothing like it looked like in the past!  Yeah for making our home our home!  We plan on being here for many years and we are looking forward to in time getting things exactly as we want them to be.

7)  We have booked our June holidays.  We will be spend two nights in Banff and then heading into Calgary to spend time with my sister and her family!  I can hardly wait to take all the kids to the zoo and to see other friends as well while we are out there!  So here is hoping I am feeling good to go in 4 weeks.  Because I do not want anything to delay our trip!

Life is full and very busy right now and that is a good thing!  In the midst of all this fulness I get a mini vaction filled with rest and not feeling guilty about jumping in and solving every problem.  Seriously I am not sure i remember when the last time was the I could sit in my office and just relax and let everyone else take care of the kids!  My mom, sister, and Husband have everything undercontrol!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

yeah for an update.

Calgary zoo is great. Hope you feel well enough to get away and enjoy it. Glad you have your mom there to help and MAKE SURE YOU LISTEN TO YOUR DR.