Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, October 8, 2007

Thanks Giving Weekend!

Well Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This is my first Thanks Giving as a married woman. It was a year ago just after our friends wedding that Jeral asked me to marry him. He had planned a long romantic walk on a beach in Victoria so he could ask me to marry him and instead due to rain we went back to the truck and he asked me to marry him in the farm truck. It worked and I said yes. Actually I knew he was asking me that day. I almost even found the ring when I was snooping in his wallet.

So this weekend has been really busy. On Friday we had an amazing supper with some friends of ours. Both Jeral and I feel very thankful and blessed that they are a part of our life. After supper we went bowling with their family so very fun. I am just slightly competetive so I made sure I was placed in a group that I would win against. I know, I know how bad is that. I hate losing.

On Saturday we went met Jeral's family in Penticton for lunch. We stopped in Kelowna along the way to do a bit of shopping. I needed some new jeans. Don't you just hate how jeans sometimes rub out in between the legs. I sure do. I got a smoking deal so I was able to get two pairs of jeans. And then the best deal ever was in Penticton when my sister in law wanted to go into the Shoe Warehouse to find some shoes and I found a sweet pair of shoes for $15. I am defiantely thankful for that. We had a great time with Jeral's family, and I got to talk with my sister in law about adoption options. My sister in law works for an adoption agency so she will be a valuable resource as Jeral and I start to look into adoption as an option to my fertilty issues. Talking with my sister in law was probably the highlight of my weekend.

Then on Sunday we drove to Kamloops for a later supper with my mom, sister and her husband. I also go to to have coffee with a friend while we were there and that was fun. This Thanks Giving was the first family meal that we have had since my sister got married, and it was a first for my mom to have both her daughters married. Last year at this time I was engaged and Jocelyn and Chris were still dating. So this year has been big for my mom with two weddings. I am sure that she is thankful that there are no more weddings in her future.

I have much to be thankful for this Thanks Giving. I have a wonderful loveing husband who adores me and I adore him. I am blessed great friends where we live who love and support us. My family and extended family. A safe vehicle to drive back and forth between Abbotsford and here. I am blessed with an amazing woman who is my counsellor. I have much to be thanksful for. My list could go on and on.

While I have much to be grateful for I also spent sometime this weekend grieving. As Jeral and I drove home yesterday from my mom's house, he made a very interesting comment. Jeral asked if my mom has always gotten upset with me when I would goof around a bit and yet not get mad at my sister for acting the same way? I looked at him and said sadly yes. As I said that I once again had to grieve the fact the the family and more importantly the mother I have desired to have is not and most likey will not be. As I processed that lose I was reminded of what I have been given in its place, and for the friends I have been given who have much wisdom and knowledge I am truly grateful for.

Anyways I hope that you have all had a great Thanksgiving.

No comments: