Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Married Ten Months Where Does Time Go!

Hi Ya'll. So yesterday was October 30th, and Jeral and I have been married for 10 months. Some days it feels as though we just got married and then other days it feels as though we have been married forever. I know 10 months is not the one year mark, however I still feel it is monumental. I like to celebrate, especially if I get to go out. Therefore after a lovely dinner cooked by me Jeral and I went out for desert. We went to Earls because I wanted a very specific desert, only to find out that they were out. Oiy!!!! AHHHHHHHHH, and oh well then i will have something else. Jeral and I actually took this time to talk more deeply with each other.

You see this past weekend we were at a Power to Change Family Life one day Marriage seminar. The reason we went was because our friends Will and Doris Born were guest speakers. Very cool!!! As well as the reminder that we needed to not let the status quo become what always is. So at dessert we took the time to talk about some reoccurring problems. Now I know you may be thinking, what you would talk about that in a restaurant. Oh my the arguing that could have gone on. Well for one thing Jeral and I don't argue the same way others do simply because if I am speaking to fast or my voice is raised or I am yelling Jeral cannot understand a word I am saying, so we have to talk in soft, slow voices. Talk about drive me crazy when all I want to do is let him have it some days. However God knew ahead of time that I did not want the volatile relationship my parents had so thus he sent me a husband who does not yell and cannot understand me when I yell. So NO yelling! Honestly taking the time to rationally talk about some of the reoccurring issues we seem to have when they are not a huge issue at the moment was good. We were able to rationally talk and not hurt each other with accusations. We were able to look more clearly together at the issue and see where the other many be coming from. So good!

The one big thing I remember for the Marriage Seminar is this: when you are having issues, and trust me when people with varying background and personalities come together there will be issues, make sure that at the end of the day you marriage relationship is the priority, not being right and winning the issue. I am a very competitive person. Feel free to ask my husband. In any game we are playing I hate to loose. I like to win at all costs, except for cheating that is just no fun. So to not want to be the one to win the argument is huge and a stretch. However after seeing just the past few days of making sure our marriage wins instead of one of us winning I am beginning to like the idea even more.

So that is all for now. Have a great day!

Blessings, Leanne

No comments: