Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Life Changing Dream

Okay so I know that we all have dreams and for some of us our dreams affect us more so than other. I am used to waking up terrified from most of my dreams, because mostly I have nightmares. Well three nights ago was the same as usual. And as usual the nightmare involved my dad.

Normally in nightmares involving my dad, I am running for my life, or I am helpless as he hurts the people I love, or I am getting hurt by him. In this nightmare though, I stood up to him, and then he died.

My dad actually did die Dec 27, 2006, however up until he has always been very much alive in my dream world. So for him to die a year and a half later in my dreams is very significant, and I feel very healing. I finally have grown up, and I no longer need to run in fear. I can turn and face him and know that there is no longer any mark of shame, or guilt left on me. Actually there never ever were any marks there. I just thought there was. Seriously for me this feels very life altering and changing. I don't think that I could describe it clearly enough, and enthusiastically enough. I feel as though this dream was and is a huge turning point in my healing journey.

Well enough for now. I am going to go relax with my hubby for a bit.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

YOU are in control now Leanne! with God helping you & walking with you! and that's SOOOOO exciting!!! :) I'm so proud of you...you are facing everything HEAD ON. i love ya, and can't wait to see how else He will "grow" you. :)
p.s. I really want to see the pics of your farm! I'm always curious about where you are!! :)

Bunny said...

WOw- That is so amazing. I'm glad that you were able to get to that point in your dreams and the healing can continue. I pray that God will continue to walk with you and heal you. I also pray that through this revelation (in your dreams) that you will be blessed with pleasent dreams.
Dreaming for me has been the opposite....sure I have bad dreams too, but Sleeping has been my favorite time of day because I love dreaming so much. So I pray that you will be blessed with many wonderful, joyful dreams.

Blessings and hugs. Until we meet again.

Unknown said...

Hi, this has been the strangest rollercoaster of emotions in my lifetime. I am laid now in a hospital bed recovering from an illness i was more than willing to let win just 1 night ago.
I had a stream of dreams (all relevent to each other, waking and starting from the point it had stopped).
These dreams where so vivid i explaining how i can make other people's lifes better and how i can more happily live my life to improve not just mine but everyone who i'll meet along the way.
I have told my wife my life will change but couldn't even try to explain how.
I could write more and more and more. But the fact i nor anyone else in my family is religious..or even slighly unbalanced! This has made my recovery the most eagerly awaited part of my life.
Hope this made some sense, just needed to blurt this out...thank you