Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sports

So Jeral and I decided to take up rec volleyball together. It is definitely not competitive volleyball, and that is good for now, because my body oh my goodness. Let me just say that I am not 19 anymore. My body is not used to me throwing it down on the grounds and sprawling while I flailing to get the ball. My body is rather sore now. However playing volleyball with my husband is something very fun to do and I enjoy it very much.

Looking at me now you wouldn't think that back in my younger days I was athletic playing volleyball, basketball, softball (fast pitch, and slow pitch), track and field, and eventually soccer joined the list also. However I did love playing all those sports at one time. And I was thinking back to when I was younger the other night. I remember thinking that if I ever got married I would want my husband to play sports with me. So now we are, and oddly enough it was Jeral who pretty much had to drag me out there. I am grateful that he gave me the extra push I needed. I truly have an amazing husband.

I got a phone call the other night saying that the community soccer 15-18 div 1 teams were short soccer coaches and needed a coach. Well I have never coached soccer, however the idea of involved with youth in the community in a non-church way excited me and I could feel the passion building with in me. I am for now really done with being involved through church activities. So I am co-coaching the team with another lady whom I have never meet. I will meet her for the first time today at soccer practice. We both have previous commitments on Wednesday nights thus we are co-coaching so we can fill in for each other when needed. The Wednesday night games conflict with my counselling on Wednesdays down in Abbotsford, and for me first and foremost is my health and healing. If it meant not coaching this year then I would put my name on the list for next year, and be totally okay with it. However I feel really blessed that this opportunity has come up and that I get to co-coach with someone else.

Side note not to do with sports. I had to go see my doctor the other day, due to some medical issues, and well I was told that for at least two months I needed to go back on to birth control. I so don't like the idea of that, since it is so counter productive to what we are trying to accomplish with getting me to ovulate. Tricking my body into thinking it was pregnant really was not sitting so well with me. I did start to take it and then after three days of me taking the pill and not feeling right about it, I spent and evening with Jesus just listening and asking for His guidance. After that I decided not to take the pill and give whatever was happening in my body another month to happen. That seems to be what I was hearing from Jesus so, we'll see. I just don't want to take the pill. Other than that , there is no news as to when my surgery is to take place. I actually called the doctor and talked to the receptionist and I was told that it could be a bit yet, or something could happen and I could get a call tomorrow. So here goes the waiting game.

Blessing to you all!

No comments: