Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day One Of Being Parents for a Week.

Well last night was the first night that Jeral and I had two little girls in our home. In total we have them for 8 days and 8 nights. They came late last night, and since we had company we had to put the girls in our room for the night. Talk about interesting.

The little girls are 11 months apart, and under the age of two. Talk about trial by fire. Their parents are away on an Alaskan cruise, and their two older brothers are with different families.

So last night. They got here around 11 pm, and they were still asleep. I was able to get the youngest down by about 11:30, and it was midnight before I was able to get the oldest down. Then at 4 pm the oldest woke up and was crying and hungry, so I got up and brought her down stairs and gave her some yogurt to eat. Then it was upstairs and back into to the playpen, or so I thought. In the end she was in our bed just having a grand time not sleeping. Finally around 5:30 am I got smart and put the portable DVD player in her play pen and put a movie on quietly and by 6 am she was sound asleep, which meant Jeral and I got two hours cuddle and sleep time before getting up in the morning.

Right now my niece is over occupying the oldest girl while I showered and I put the one car seat in our car. I need to go over to the girls house and get the other car seat for the oldest. They forgot to take it out of the van last night.

This afternoon, Jeral is playing daddy while I go to the gym. I would way rather go take a nap. However I know that I need to exercise. Not exercising is not an option.

Well that is all for now. Day 2 to come tomorrow, I hope! We'll see how much energy I have.

No comments: