Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, July 18, 2008

I hate Triggers

So the title says it all, okay well not all, however I think the title says a lot. I hate triggers. What are triggers? Well a trigger is somethings that when you see it, smell it, hear it, touch it, taste it, you have an emotional response to. Sometimes the response is good and pleasurable, and other time it is not so good.

Right now I am talking about the not so good ones. I have been have a few rough days since I got back for seeing my counsellor. I was given three more new homework assignments, on top of some of the other ones I already have. I finished one this morning because I really wanted that one out of the way before the little girls we are taking care of for 9 days arrive. It was hard to yell and scream and get angry out in the middle of no where. I went to the back of our 20 acre property to the tree line, and did this. So no one would hear me, I hope.

The other homework assignment started out very fun, and I know will continue to have some very fun days a head with it. However Wednesday night it also triggered a memory that I have had all along, I just promptly stuff it, and ignore it. Unfortunately I do not see my counsellor for another week and a half. Oiy! And now one trigger has led to multiple triggers. Fortunately my counsellor has taught me well the tools to help me calm down and find ways through the frightful times, and memories. And as I say that the one that was triggered I really do not want to work through without her around.

So needless to say I am very frustrated. Okay enough venting for now. I have homework to do and a jog to go on.

No comments: