Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just Wondering

So tonight Jeral came in from the barns/shop and asked how my day was?

I was very proud of myself for all I seemed to accomplish. I had done some laundry, done the dishes, put up all the pictures on the new fridge, worked on the online education course for the adoption process, written thank you cards for those who are going to be our references etc, and I also went to the gym and worked out for an hour, plus made a super yummy supper.

Yet despite my being proud there was almost this look of that is all you did today? Yeah and I am super excited that I got all that done despite not feeling motivated to do anything except read for my own pleasure!!!!! Anyways just wondering if any other wives sometimes feel as though compared to their husbands they do not do a s much.

Please hear me I have an amazing husband, who loves and values everything I do, and I love and appreciate everything he does for me! None the less I am still curious!

5 comments:

NotsNotes said...

Yup! I've had the week off, since it's half term, and I have been a very busy lady. Laundry is now TOTALLY caught up (bedding and towels, too, hurrah!), all the dishes and cutlery and pots and pans and mugs and glasses are all clean (there was a bit of a backlog from the week before), I've been organising things (read going through two closets worth of stuff and condensing it to one closet worth of stuff) so the nursery can start getting ready, and the house is much cleaner than it was Sunday.

Yup, I love my hubby, too, he's fantastic and does help me out lots, but they don't seem to realise how much stuff there is to do around the house. Or how it can take up your day. I feel like I've done loads, but somehow, when he gets home, I feel like I haven't done enough!? You're right, it's that look. Which they don't think they have on their faces! :) Just wait until this kiddo arrives, and I'll have WAY more laundry to keep on top of. Oi!

I'm Dominique said...

Joel's Job is super labour intensive and he seldom has a chance to sit down during the day, and I have an boaring office job (which I dislike). There are lots of times when I feel like he thinks I don't do anything and then I get really grumpy. Usually right around that time he steps in an reminds me that it's me that has those thoughts, not him and that he thinks I do a lot and loves me for it. If his response is not what I want I immediately interpret it as something negative. It's not a great thing but unfortunately that's the way it happens.

Jen Glen said...

I think it is just us a lot of the time and our interpretation of what we think they're thinking!! Like last night. We have care group at our house which Craig leads. He's a fantastic cleaner as it is, and I'm not afraid to say it, does WAY more around the house than me! I always feel guilty when I don't help him get things done on Wednesdays, and I told him as much yesterday, but he told me not to feel guilty, b/c he feels it's his responsibility to get ready for it since he leads it and he didn't care that I was sitting on the couch reading a book while he was working. REALLY?! Truly! Maybe it's us wives that care about such things and so we assume our husbands do too!

Jen Glen said...

Sorry, I also forgot to say Thanks for reopening your blog! I plan to keep updated on your learnings and growings, now! The Glen one

Trev and Rebekah said...

I do feel like my hubby does more...at least more of the dirty work. When I was home with my son and he worked I felt so bad for getting so little done and he did so much.