Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, February 27, 2009

Adoption Update

So hopefully I will be able to keep this quick and short. We got a phone call today from the agency that we are going through to adopt and they said that while they would normally have their social workers do the home study for us, since Jeral's sister works at the agency they feel it would be best to contract the home study out to another adoption agency based in Kelowna and then transfer the home study to Sunrise when it is finished. This is to avoid any conflict of interest and to protect some of our family privacy. Not that there is anything private about the adoption process. The Sunrise worker said that hopefully we will have everything figure out by Monday, and then Jeral and I are hoping that by the end of the week we will have had one home study visit. Here is hoping!

I must admit that I had some trouble this past week. I began to let worry get the best of me. I was sitting with Joy and I started crying because I am afraid that a complete stranger may decide that we will not be good parents, and then our journey to parenthood is over. At least from my perspective. I think if we had one child already I would not think about this as much. We just want to grow our family of two to a family of 3 or 4, and this whole journey is one in which we have to hand over control to others. I am glad that Joy was there she was a great source of comfort and a reminder that no mater what future I might be tempted to predict God is still going to be holding us.

4 comments:

Jen Glen said...

It's so hard to know that we are not in control. But thank the Lord, He is! The Glen one

Trev and Rebekah said...

I do think you will make good parents.

I'm Dominique said...

we'll as far as I'm concerned, even if you're half as good parents as you were a camp big sister you'll be the greatest parents a child could ever hope for.I love you

Bunny said...

I so sorry you are struggling. The wait is so hard sometimes, and I think it's normal to have feelings of inadequacy. I don't know you all that well yet, but I can see in your heart your desire to have a family is truly there, otherwise you wouldn't be going through this whole process. Mark thinks you will be a good Mom and I believe him. I pray that God will give you strength, patience and confidence while you wait. BLessings and hugs.