Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Things He Says

So tonight Jeral and I went out on a cheap date as we like to call dates like this. We shared a sub at Subway, and then we went and had coffee at Starbucks and played to games of crib at Starbucks. He won the first game and I won the second. I am not accustomed to loosing crib games to Jeral so he was rather smiley when he won!!!!

After we came home and just relaxed. Jeral began reading the guide his sister gave us to our Home study that will be starting hopefully soon. The guide basically out lines all the questions we will be asked and the topics we will need to think about and discuss a head of time.

When Jeral got to question that dealt with how he would describe his spouse he at first struggled with the wording of the question, so I asked him what about me did he like? What did he find attractive in me and why did he want to go out with me?

So first answer and bare with me my husband is older (43 to be exact and yet very cute)! He said I was young and he did not want to be alone anymore so that is why he asked me out. Okay now how would you respond to that if you were the wife hearing that. I just laughed, because I know the truth is my being younger was something he liked, and secondly I knew he was lonely. So I let the answer slide and took it for what it was.

About 10 minutes later Jeral said, "Okay you want to know why I asked you out?" I said yes, and Jeral said,"because you are beautiful and that is why I asked you out!" I do not think I will ever grow tired of hearing Jeral tell me I am beautiful. For me this was a reminder that sometimes when we feel least beautiful others see a beauty that we cannot see. I am so thankful to have such a fantastic husband, who yes sometimes says stupid things, and yet a few minutes later will say something that melts my heart all over again, and I am reminded of how blessed I am!

2 comments:

Renee said...

haha! you know how they say kids say the darndest things....I say husbands say the darndest things!! Good for you for taking for what it was and not twisting it all around like us women tend to do=) you do have a sweet man! and I agree with him, you are beautiful!!
love and hugs!
renee

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am so thankful also for my husband who sees me in ways I don't see myself.