Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Home Study Visit

So Jeral and I would like to thank you all for praying for us yesterday as we had our first home study visit.

We prayed before we left for Kelowna to meet with the social worker, and then we prayed again at lunch and we got their early so we prayed together again before we went in. Normally the social worker would do the majority of the visits at out house with us, however due to her being in Kelowna she wants us to drive there, which is nice for us because we don't have to pay for her mileage. She will make one visit out here to "inspect" the house, and talk some more.

Anyways when we walked into her office we both felt a peace settle over us. That feeling of peace and feeling of knowing the God brought the right Social Worker into our lives was well worth the last 2 months of waiting for this process to start. We seriously feel that the wait was to help us grow and learn lots and prepare us more. I find it funny that when we look back we can see why things needed to be the way there were sometimes, and yet when we are having to be patient we are just so frustrated because we don`t know the out come, or the answer to why this is taking so blasted long .

I in particular want to thank you for praying for me. I have been worried about how will things from my childhood affect the outcome of the home study and whether or not we will be approved. I am no longer worried about that. I feel at peace and look forward to the social worker asking me whatever question she would like to. I have grown, changed, and healed so much in the past few years, and no matter what the out come I know I will be okay. Right now we know that God wants us to go through the home study process. So we will, and we will look for all the growth opportunities this process will bring our way. I can honestly say that even if by some miracle I got pregnant this month, we would still go through with the rest of the home study because I know there is something God wants to show us in this process if we will allow God to show us!

Blessings my friends! We love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am so proud of all the growth you have been going through. You are and amazing friend and woman of God.

Ashlea said...

I'm so glad it went well! How many meetings will you have with the social worker?

Renee said...

so glad it went well!! love and hugs!

Unknown said...

It is so good to hear things are moving along. We are praying for you to see the fulfillment of the desires of your heart.

Jen Glen said...

Thank you for that reminder. It's so true that being in the midst of trial and waiting is SOOOO hard, but always, when I look back, I can see God's hand in it and sometimes He even blesses me with reasons. Oh if only we could see it from the beginning....