Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Beloved God Daughters



So tonight is our last night with our wonderful God daughters. Sophia is here with me playing and her older sister Chloe is in the toy room watching "Finding Nemo". She sure loves her fishies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I am amazed at how well they do with their parents being gone for so long, and yet I also wonder if the last few temper tantrums were a result of missing their mom and dad.




The last two weeks have been filled with so much joy for us. Taking the girls on walks and playing in the park, taking the girls to see my sister and her little boy Tyson, taking the girls over to their auntie Mandy's to play with their cousin, taking them out for ice cream at DQ (man do they love their ice cream), and taking baths (they sure love their bath time).




So funny stories about bath times. The first night I put the girls in our bath tub I just got Sophie out of her diaper and as I was placing her in the bath tub she peed. Luckily not all over me, just in the bath tub. That was an easy clean up. A few nights laster when Chloe pooped in the bath tub, well that clean up took a lot more time and man did it stink. Jeral was watching the girls while I grabbed their blankies, sippie cups, jammies, and new diapers, and all of a sudden he is calling me to come quickly. I took my time thinking that he was okay and could handle the situation. However when I got there I understood what happened, and let me tell you that girlie sure can poop.




We also attempted to wean the girls off their soothers. Yeah in the end we decided that was their mom and dads responsibility.




There have been lots of snuggles, cuddles, songs (twinkle twinkle little star over and over and over again), laughs, tears, screams etc., in the past two weeks. We are going to miss having the girls here. Yet alas tomorrow morning their mom will come and pick them up and we will have to say good bye. Good thing they live a 4 minute drive away and we can go see them any time we want.




1 comment:

Leanne said...

Cuties! Isn't it amazing how kids love "Finding Nemo"... it has been Sam's favorite show for at least a year... he watches it several times a week! Drives me crazy!!... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." Argh!