Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, March 6, 2009

Mile Stone

Okay so back a few months ago. About 8 months ago to be exact I decided that it was time I begin to loose the weight that I had put on. Well in 8 months I have lost 66 pounds and I am officially under the 200 pound mark. My scale says 198!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally stoked and so stoked that my reward to myself will be going out and buying matching bedside tables for our bedroom. Yep not going to go buy food or anything like that. Talk about defeating the purpose of loosing weight if I were to reward myself with food.

Jeral and I were talking last night at dinner time, and he was saying that he is surprised that he has lost weight since we got married. I looked at him and said I am no longer cooking all the fatty Mennonite foods that we all love, and that is why he is loosing weight. However this is my sneaky trick - since my hubby has a six pack, my husband is hot!!!!! Anyways I give him double portions of the meat and other higher calorie foods that we eat and I eat more veggies, and smaller portions. I just spread the portions out on my plate to make it look like I am eating as much as him. I know I am so devious, and yet now I weigh less than my hubby!

Okay so with all this aside - we are not all about loosing weight. Our decision was to be healthy first and foremost and loosing weight has been a bonus from that. I figured that if I want this to be a life long change in my life I need to do this right, and slow and steady! Thus our life has changed and for the better!

So there you have my bragging post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Ashlea said...

Congratulations Leanne!! Have you decided on the bedside tables yet?

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am so proud of you! Can't wait to see you this week and get some recipe ideas from you too.

Renee said...

keep on bragging lady!!!! that is awesome!!!!!!!

Janelle said...

sweetie!!! that's AWESOME!! brag away!! well, actually - call me...and we'll chat - but KEEP bragging! :) i'm so so so so so proud of you!! oh my goodness! i was 198 2 weeks ago - but i put 2 back on! ahh! that's my goal for this week! :)
p.s. didn't you make your blog private? i'm so confused. :)
i love love love yoU!