Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, May 11, 2009

My Prayer

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and despite being in a good place about the fertility journey lately I still had a rough day. As I was sitting in church with my sister and her family, I fought back the tears. As I felt the anger with in me beginning to rise, I took the time to breathe and tell God how much my arms being empty hurt. I use anger as a mask and I was determined not to let anger drive a wedge between me and God. So after I told God how much my heart hurt, I asked God to one day allow me to comfort other women who have to walk this painful journey, in the same way that God has comforted me. My pain and hurt has not been taken away - however I know that I have someone I can go to with my tears, and hopefully I will be able to be a safe place for other women.

For those who are comforted much, they will be able to comfort others!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

i thought of you all day long.

Bunny said...

Mother's Day is always so hard. I'm so glad you were able to seek God for comfort and guidance. Hugs and prayers.