Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, May 1, 2009

So after taking two months off from actively trying to conceive we have decided to give trying a few more months. We have been referred to a fertility clinic in Kelowna. Up until recently I was not in favor of the fertility clinic simply because I do not want my adopted babies to ever feel that they were our last choice/last option. We still have to decided how far we will take the fertility treatment stuff.

With us giving the fertility drugs a few more months I have decided to cut all sugar out, and that means no more pop. I love drinking Coke. Ummmmmmm the fizz and the caffeine. However sugar and PCOS are not a good combination so pop is out. And I am back to working out 2 hours a day. I love the nice weather that we are having because I can go running outside. Today I decided to walk into town and buy some groceries and then walk back home. I must say that the back pack was heavy, and as I was walking I was thinking that I used to carry all that extra weight around daily. I am more determined than ever to not go back to being 264 plus pounds.

I am not sure how all of this is going to effect me emotionally in the months to come. Fertility drugs tend mess with my hormones. I am in a really great place right now in regards to the fertility journey and do not want to spiral again. So we will see. I think the hardest part will be the two week waiting period. Oh well I know that God will hold me and us during the wait, and then during the let down.

Well that is all for now!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Oh how I hate that 2 ww period.

I think it's good that you are combating the effects of the drugs with making healthy and wise choices in your daily life.

Love ya

Jen Glen said...

I'm with you.