Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, July 5, 2009

General Update

Well it is July and I decided it was time to get a blog post in this month. So here is a general update on us!

We are managing to grieve the loss of the little baby girl we had hoped to adopt. Unless you are walking the adoption journey I think it may be hard to understand why we are grieving, all I can say is that for us knowing about this baby girl, knowing that she needs parents who will love her and take care of her, desiring to be those parents for her and then having that all taken away is like having a miscarriage. We were dreaming and looking forward to having her in our arms and now that will not happen. However we are Trusting out Heavenly Father in all of this. Normally things like this would drive a wedge between us in our marriage, and yet this last week as we have relied on God, we have been drawn closer together. God is showing us if we rely on Him and turn to each other, and are understanding with each other this journey does not have to take the toll on our marriage that it does take and can take on marriages. Reality is though that I have an amazing husband. Yeah sure he may not understand everything I say the first time around, however truly who does have a husband who gets things first time around!!!! :) I love him, and an learning to love him more and more ever day, and when the tough stuff hits, I am reminded that love is a choice, a choice I promised I would make, and will do my best to keep making!!!!!!!!!!!

Today we are jumping on the motor bike and going to my mom's church. It is Biker Sunday there, so we every year go and hang out with a bunch of bikers at my mom's church. I have a bit of a problem with the bike, and that is how do I keep my hair perfectly curled with the wind blowing it all over the place, and having a helmet crush my perfect curls. Oh well I will straighten my hair today and that will solve the problem.

Sometime this week we will be at the fertility clinic having the first IUI procedure done. Jeral and I agreed that we would give this a go while we wait for our adopted baby. However God gives us children first we will lovingly, gladly, and joyously accept.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking and praying for you guys as you go through this time.

Kate

Janelle said...

girlie. i just hurt for you. and your opened heart. what a heart it is. you WILL be blessed my friend. i love love love you.

Bunny said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to trust that God has a plan, but His plan is perfect. We will be praying for you.
Christina