Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, August 28, 2009

8 Weeks

So I had my first prenatal visit with my OBGYN yesterday. It was so nice to get a plan in place and have all my appointments booked for the next 7 months. Since my doctor is gone for the last month of my pregnancy and coming back 7 days before I am due, our little "Joy Bug" cannot be early. Well I guess he or she could I just do not want him or her to come early and have to have another doctor deliver.

I was talking with Dr. Upton yesterday and he told me that three of his patients who have struggled with infertility have gotten pregnant and we are all due within a month of each other!

So my official due date is April 6th. So almost a week later than we thought, however that is fine. We have waited so long for our little on already and we will continue to wait as he or she grows inside of me.

Well I have a speaking topic to prepare. I am speaking this Sunday in church. Not sure how I will do since I have no way of knowing when the yucky feeling of morning sickness will hit. However I do know that if I do not eat small amounts regularly I am even more hooped, so I might bring kids fishy crackers up on stage with me! Needless to say this Sunday could be the shortest church service we have ever had! Oh well! Anyways I would appreciate your prayers for Sunday, even if you are on the side that does not believe women are supposed to be allowed to speak publicly in church.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Once when I was feeling morning sickness gross and had a day full of meetings to get through I filled a travel mug with boost... seemed to help. Glad everything is going well and that you have an official due date... so exciting!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your updates Leanne; I always get so excited! I'll be thinking and praying for you on Sunday! :)
Ashlea

Trev and Rebekah said...

April is a good month to have a baby.