Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Insomnia, smells, and other things!

So I am struggling with insomnia once again. I am an insomniac, I have been for years, however in the past I would just suck it up and let the insomnia cycle run it's course. However with being having someone else to think about I really do not want the next 3-4 weeks to be filled with insomnia. Oh well I will have to trust God, and from what I have read there is nothing I can do about it.

Tomorrow we have an ultrasound and then I have a ton of questions for the doctor. Like what can I do for the insomnia etc. After going for the ultra sound we will go see my Grandma who is dying in the hospital. We were told that she had a couple of days and in true grandma style she is still holding on yet we know that the end is close. Grandma was the prayer warrior in our family, and with her passing soon our family looses the biggest prayer warrior we have had.

It is crazy how impending death bring up things from the past, things that we all to often forget. Some good things and some hard things. Oh well I have a lot to think through and talk with Jesus about in the next while.

So my sense of smell have increased since becoming pregnant. Jeral has always come home for lunch and we would always spend time kissing before we would eat lunch. Well I knew that he was sweaty and so on, however now he just plain old stinks. I seriously have a hard time sitting next to him, so I don't. That is until he showers, which does not happen until after he gets in for the evening. Then he smells good, however I do not like the soap he uses so I think that for the next few month he will have to change the soap so I like his smell a little better.

I am also trying to find a fine line between exercise and taking it easy! Oiy! I know that our pregnancy is a high risk one, however I do not want to be a couch potato. Yet the doctor said to tapper things back. Oh well I will trust that God will tell me what the line is!

If we get a picture of the ultrasound tomorrow I will post it!

2 comments:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

The smell thing is very normal :) Our poor dog was bathed almost daily while I was pregnant b/c I was sure he stank :) Have you thought about taking a prenatal water aerobics class? I hear they are awesome. PS> If we do come your way in a few weeks I want to have coffee.

Unknown said...

Let me know how the ultrasound went and seeing grandma. It sure is hard seeing those prayer warriors go