Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Holidays, Sad News & Good News





Hey Everyone! Well we just go back today from our 12 day trip. On our trip we went to Abbotsford, Langley, Vancouver, Courtenay, Victoria, and Pender Island. The original plan was to go on motor bike, and that is how the trip started off, yet for reasons that will be clear later on in the post Jeral went home on the bike and brought back the car.





We enjoyed a short visit with my grandpa, and then Jeral's parents in Oliver as we made our way to the lower mainland. My grandpa surprised me and gave me my grandma's wedding rings. She passed away 11 months ago. So I will wear them for now and then I will take the stones from my rings and hers and have them reset in a wedding set that I like, and then we will pass the rings onto our children some day.


While we were in Abbotsford we got to hang out with some friends and their family's. We had so much fun with them despite the blistering heat. We had supper with Andrew, Marie, and Josiah the one night. We love spending time with them, and this is the sad news - four days after we spent the evening with them baby Josiah went home to be with Jesus. His life was a miracle, and he survived and beat the odds against him. Uncle Jeral and I will miss you little man, and feel blessed that you were a part of our lives!





Josiah and his amazing mommy smiling and laughing!

Auntie Leanne feeding Josiah some yummy big boy food!

From there Jeral and I went to Vancouver! Once we got there Jeral drove the bike home and brought the car back and the following picture I think clearly describes why we decided that the car was the best option for the rest of the trip.



Yes that is right I am pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!! We never in a million years thought that I would ever get pregnant and now I am pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 6 weeks along, so around the end of March we should be welcoming our little "Joy Bug" as we are calling him or her right now! After we tell our home church tomorrow then I will post something on facebook, so until then please keep all comments posted here on the blog!

After Jeral got back we went to the Vancouver Aquarium. Soooooooooo much fun. I loved going there and we will definately bring our future kids there!
















We also went to Courtenay to spend some time with some of our friends there!








We got home this afternoon and now I am taking a break and going to take a bath and then nap! I hope all is going well for all the rest of you!

































8 comments:

Malory said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!! I'm soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!! I just cant express my happiness enough!!! BUt I am so happy for you! Therefore when we were over you were prego!!! I'm just so happy!! Congrats!!! I LOVE YOU!
Mal

Malory said...

also....is there a chance that you'll have like twins or triplets or octuplets?!?!?!? and when would you find out?

Trev and Rebekah said...

I didn't think you'd post so soon. I am happy for you and can't wait to talk again.

Anonymous said...

Leanne, I am so happy for you! How wonderful and what a great answer to many prayers!!! I am so looking forward to hearing all about your pregnancy; enjoy it!!! I am so very excited about this news!
Ashlea

Shawn and Susan said...

Congrats!!! Such exciting news! We'll have to do coffee...

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Congratulations!!!! So excited for you!

Jodie said...

So happy for you. Congrats!!
Jodie

Anonymous said...

This is such wonderful news! We are so happy for you guys! Praise God!