Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Year Ago

This morning I was once again stuck by the hilariousness of the reality that the two smallest in the house take up the most room in our king sized bed. Kenzie was fussing yet she was not hungry, she wanted to cuddle so into bed I brought her. Then Jaris woke up and he wanted to cuddle so into bed I brought him. at one point Jeral was rest comfortably on his side of the bed with Kenzie and Jaris in between us and I was on the edge! Alas that is life for a while I guess. The upside was the Kenzie slept with me until after 9 am this morning, and now daddy has them both!

Anyways it was about a year ago the we found out we were pregnant! I remember sitting in the room with my therapist and she went straight to handing me a sheet on healthy relationships and just kept talking. I was hoping she would stop because I was bursting to tell her I was pregnant. Eventually I got to talk! And now a year later I have a 4 month old, well almost 4 month old, and a 7 month old!

It was also about a year ago that we gave our profile to the adoption agency and told them that I was pregnant. A year ago we thought we would end up not adopting. Boy oh boy or should I say girl we were wrong! In the time frame of a year we had three possible babies that we thought at one point may be ours. However in the end they all ended up somewhere else, and we ended up with our daughter MacKenzie Joy. What a joy (her middle name) she has been! She is so full of life and wants to do things all the time, and yet when she is tired all she wants is to cuddle with mommy, and I love being her mommy.


What a year it has been, and wow the blesssings of this year! I love and adore both my babies and I am so thankful that they are my babies and not someone elses kids that I just get the blessing of baby sitting and then have to give them back. Nope Kenzie and Jaris are mine children and I am the worlds luckiest mom - even when they are crying or awake in the middle of the night wanting to play!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

You are a luck mom. I'm glad your year turned out the way it did.

Thinking of you.