Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Kenzie

My attempt at a Birthday Cake! I am not my mom, yet I am happy I did not through this away and that we used this to celebrate my miracle daughters birthday! I have many more years of practicing making cakes!
Blowing out the candles on the cake, and Kenzie was not sure what to do and a little over whelmed. So cute though!!!!

Attempting to get a picture before she grabbed at the candles I think.

Just chilling on the counter with the family!

Opening up Birthday Presents in the morning. She definitely got the ripping the paper thing down this year! These go with the birthday present from Grandma J. and her soon to come birthday/Christmas present from Auntie Jocelyn

I love the smile under the soother!

Playing with toys in the morning! I knew that certain toys would be fought over so Jaris also got some toys to open up today.

Kenzie loves playing with her babies so we got her some toys that will aid her baby play!

Jaris was whipping around the house today pushing this. Good thing there were two different ones so they each had one to push!

Putting the baby in the High Chair

Kenzie decided it would be fun to climb into the dolly play pen.



It is hard to believe that 2 years ago today one of our two miracles was born. We had no idea she had graced the world with her presence yet. I still vividly remember the phone call we got on December 22nd from the social worker asking me if i liked pink? I was trying so hard to to jump up and down and run around screaming for joy (being 6 months pregnant hindered those two things). I went out to the shop to tell Jeral and we went shopping for little girl clothes. I felt like I was walking in a dream. On December 23rd we got to bring out little girl home. I remember holding our little girl for the first time and i remember the joy on Jeral's face and what a proud papa he was and is.


The past two years with MacKenzie have been filled with so much joy (her middle name). She has a smile that captivates everyone. Her smile is as huge as her personality, which is pretty big. She is a creative go getter. She knows what she wants and will often enter into a battle of the wills with her mommy (that is me). I still get my desired outcome most of the time, yet I know that will change one day. I have laughed my head off as I watch her play and act like a goof ball. I have tried not to laugh when she comes and gives me a hug and big wet slobbery kiss in an attempt to get her way. I have also had my moments when I have wanted to rip my hair out because she has bit me or Jaris yet again (those times are getting fewer and far between though. However I did get bit really good today when I tried to see if she was teething her two year old molars. That will teach me for putting my finger into the mouth of a teething 2 year old). I have also been tired with some of the long nights, however I would not trade on of those nights of snuggles and cuddles because I know those night will get fewer as you grow up my little girl. My heart has broke as Kenzie has cried because I am leaving to go to an appointment and she wants to come with me. These two years have been amazing, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kenzie.


Daddy and I look forward to many more years of celebrating many more of your birthdays. We pray that God guides us as we parent you and the He watches over you and protects. You are a miracle my little girl and I love you just because you are you!



6 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful Cake Leanne. It is a cake made with lots of love and that is the most important ingredient. God blessed Kenzie with you and Jeral as parents so I want to wish the two of you a "Happy 2nd Parent" day, an "anniversary" day of a very, very precious kind.

Love,
Susan

Miranda said...

Your cake is wonderful my dear friend! I am so happy and thankful that not only you and Jeral have been so blessed to have Kenzie as a part of your life, but that she is also blessed to have you both as her parents!! Lots of love to you all!!

Miranda

Trev and Rebekah said...

those 2 years went by fast!

Merry Christmas my friend

Trev and Rebekah said...

You have a little something coming in the mail. Sorry no card with it this time.

Caroline said...

Love the cake! Very creative! Happy Birthday Kenzie ;-)

Renee said...

so sweet!! this post gave me goosebumps and the cheesiest grin! you have such a beautifulo little family!!
p.s. i love the cake! its perfect for a little girl birthday!