Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, December 25, 2011

My Christmas Gift

I think that the picture says it all!!!!! This was my Christmas gift from God this year. I am only 5 weeks or so along however we decided that since we have miscarried 2 times in the past 18 months or so that we were going to celebrate this pregnancy and let others celebrate with us too. Plus the more people praying for us and this little miracle baby the better. However long we get to love this little miracle for and dream about his or her future is a gift to us, and we hope that come August 29th or so we get to hold him or her in our arms.


When we lost baby Annabelle, back in July it crushed us, and I wanted to go right to the fertility clinic and try a few IUI's. However as we prayed about it and I actually was quiet enough to listen to God I knew God was asking me to give him until Christmas. Not what I wanted, yet okay. On Friday December 23rd Jeral and I were talking in the morning about our wonderful miracle family and he told me he was really happy just the 4 of us. I started crying, not because I am not happy just the 4 of us. I cried because I still have moments of grief that pop up here and there from miscarrying. Fast forward to the evening as I was driving home from Vernon. I told God I just wanted a clear answer about having more kids. I was tired of being told we have a choice. I know we have a choice. I just want a yes more kids, or no more kids. When I got home I decided to take a pregnancy test. Fully expecting it to be negative. Imagine my surprise as I watched it before my very eyes turn positive. I ran down stairs to show Jeral. Well the next day I just wanted to see the word and not a symbol so I asked Jeral to stop and pick up a digital pregnancy test. To see the word PREGNANT wow. I guess I got my answer!


This all feels very surreal right now. We are choosing to celebrate and enjoy this knowing our baby is God's and God can bring him or her home before we ever get to hold him or her. Our hope and prayer is to get to hold him or her at the end of August. So when you think of us we would love and appreciate it if you would pray for our family and the baby I now carry.


I have pictures of the kids from today, however we still have a few more days of celebrating with Jeral's family and my family so I will wait until after that is all done! Blessings and Love to all!!!!!

2 comments:

Ashlea said...

Congratulations Leanne! I will be praying for your family. Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas, and can't wait to see pictures of it!

Caroline said...

Oh Leanne and Jeral, I am so happy and excited for you! I will pray for you!