Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Worth More than a Ring

This little Girl is Worth More than a ring to me. She is priceless!!!


I have always said that my children are more important and valuable to me than any of my earthly possessions. Well I get to live that out now because Kenzie put that to the test today. At night I take my rings off and set them on my night stand because I do not like sleeping with them on. Mid morning today Kenzie got a hold of my engagement ring, the ring set that was my Grandma Astle's, and a costume jewelry ring I had on the night stand and ran for my bathroom and flushed them down the toilet. I bolted to catch her before she flushed yet, I was too late. I plunged my hand into the toilet and was able miraculously to grab my grandma's rings, and the costume jewelry ring, however my engagement ring was gone. I always thought living out my philosophy of my kids being more valuable and more improtant to me would come in the form of them staining our carpets, which has happened and I could care less about, or breaking our TV, or smashing my IPad, or flushing my Iphone. Instead my engagement ring got flushed and that is okay because while there is sentimental value, I can living without my ring. However I would never want to live without MacKenzie, Jaris, or the little one growing in me right now. Jeral and the kids mean everything to me. A ring can be replaced in time if that is what we choose. My husband and children can never be replaced!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow! Glad you got ahold of the other two rings. You are right, our kids are irreplaceable. Love you

Ashlea said...

Oh Leanne, I'm sorry your engagement ring is gone! Anika hasn't lost or broken anything major yet (although I'm pretty sure Connor will be getting there fairly soon!). I really admire your outlook; it's true; kids are way more important than any "thing".
P.S. Every time you mention your new little one I get excited all over again for you!