Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

14 & 1/2 Weeks

On a slushy day we took the kids out for a bit and Kenzie loved the puddles!
Our Annabelle tree - March 5th would have been my due date with her. I am so thankful that on her due date I get to know there is another miracle growing inside of me. That knowledge does not make us miss her any less. And I do look forward to the day I get to hold her and her sister Hope in my arms and never let go. However in the mean time I needed here on earth to snuggle and cuddle the ones God has blessed us with.



Love his excited face!

Holding Daddy's Hand

Sleeping Handsome Boy

My sister and her kids came out for a night and these two were the best of buds. It was so fun watching them play.

Jeral playing with the kids!

Snuggles with Auntie Jocelyn


Well I am officially out of the danger zone with this pregnancy. I walked into my OBGYN's office with a big smile on my face. In part because I had cheated and listened to our little ones heart beat in the morning with the kiddos. All in all I feel pretty good these days. Just tired and really emotional (aka - I cry a lot). I never expected to miss the person I have been missing a lot lately. However it makes sense since she walked the fertility journey with me for the years we struggled. Yet oh well life is as it is for a reason and we are going to have another baby! Girl name is picked. Boy name still up in the air. Five weeks from now we have our half way ultrasound and I am looking forward to that, we just need to find a babysitter to watch the kids so Jeral can come too! I am so in love with this little one already. IN the beginning I tried not to attach simply because we were so afraid that God would hold this miracle before us. Yet it is so hard not to go to sleep at night holding my stomach dreaming about this little one and how he or she will fit into this family just right! I know Kenzie is going to be a great older sister. I may have to make sure she is not crawling in to the play pen with the baby or trying to put the baby in the toy strollers and then pushing him or her around. Jaris I think will be a little stand offish at first simply because he likes his space, however I can already picture how he will gently give the baby some of the best slobbery kisses!


I look forward to Monday's these days. Monday is my day! I have a pretty fantastic husband who every Monday takes the kids for me so I can have the afternoon to myself. Most Mondays entail some shopping at my favorite store HomeSense (however for lent I am intentionally giving up going there. I think our pocket book will appreciate that). Followed by sitting in a coffee shop with a decafe drink of some sort, a book and journal. Ahhhhh love that time. Then last but not least my Ellen time. She is a royal pain in the rear end some days, yet I would not have it any other way. If need be then I get some groceries and head home to my amazing family! This day out in all honestly helps me be a better mom, and I am so thankful for a husband who makes this possible!



Well I think I shall retire for the night, maybe tidy up a bit first. I am looking forward to our family morning out tomorrow!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Great to get an update on you. Emotions come when you are pregnant but I am sure there are more emotions since March 5th is just around the corner and because you miss J. Thinking of you as you process through all of that.

Will you find out the sex of the baby and let everyone know?