Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Craziness of Parenting

My cutie pie just before we took the tent down so we could put the trampoline up! I still need to take pictures of them on the trampoline. I will get to it at some point!
A few weeks back my friend and her husband were in town and while they were away on a little get away my friends sister was watching there daughter so they come over for a play date! It was super fun. Here are Kenzie and Joelle jumping in the exercise trampoline and Emily holding Joelle for support!


I love this face. I wish the lighting for the picture was a little better, yet wow is he adorable or what!

Kenzie's new favorite place to bath. The kitchen sink! We are having a tough time getting the dishes done around here simply because every time we go to do the dishes Kenzie pushes a chair over and starts stripping with telling us she wants a baff (her way of saying bath). We also have spell the word shower around here because if we say it she is running for the stairs while trying to get her clothes off so she can join one of us! This little miracle sure cracks me up!

All smiles while dancing with daddy! I love watch Jeral dance with our kids in the kitchen, and I get a kick out of the disco moves he tries to show off! I think he is doing that just for me to show me how studly he is. Watching Kenzie and Jaris dance to the music is also very entertaining as they both have their own ways of dancing. I love watching their personalities develop and shine.


We are so blessed to have our kids even on the days when timeouts and time in are every 20 minutes or so, and I want to rip my hair out because I am at a loss with what to do, we know they are a blessing. This afternoon was one of those afternoons. All day they played well together and listened pretty good. The allowed me to get things done around the house while also stopping every now and then to just focus on them. Then the cranky hour hit at 4 pm and wow! Supper we had food thrown all over in a fit of unhappiness. I got covered in Kenzie's drink because she was flinging her fork around and hit me in the face and then knocked over her cup. I was so happy that the grocery shopping needed to be done and I was going out to do that my self! While I am madly in love with my kids, I also some days feel as though I am going to go mad (crazy)by the end of the day. I guess that is all part of parenting. The thing is though at the end of the day when they kiss me good night those cute very genuine kisses wipe away the frustrations and the wanting to rip my hair out moments. Sneaking into their room after they are asleep just to watch them sleep so peacefully as I pray for them bring a calm to my heart that nothing else can come close to. I think God purposely wired us to feel this way because He knew parenting would be hard a lot of the time! Well with that I am going to so quietly slip into their rooms to give them one last good night kiss and the go to bed myself so I am rested for another new day with my miracles!










No comments: