Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, March 10, 2012

It is still a little strange knowing I have a tiny little baby growing inside of me right now. Honestly if it were not for having a Doppler at home I would not even know these days. Yes my left leg goes numb when I sleep on my back, and yes I stuff up at night a bit more than normal (however I tend to stuff up on the best of nights). Yes I am really tired yet that can be credited to have 2, two year olds and one who crawls into bed at night with us and nuzzles her head into me for the entire rest of the night! Maybe it is because I am not really showing yet, and it just looks like I am my normal curvy self. The down side to being a curvy and pregnant is not having that cute baby bump to show in the beginning. While friends who are not as far long have cute baby bumps. I have my curves! This pregnancy is just different in many ways from my pregnancy with Jaris. Which I hope over all is a good thing. I do look forward to the end when I am clearly showing a gloriously tummy. In the mean time I will enjoy the small movements I feel here and there right now. I know in the weeks to come those movements will get stronger and more often and that is exciting. So many thing to look forward to in the weeks and months ahead as we anticipate the the arrival of another child.

Lately Kenzie and Jaris have been playing together and it is so funny watching and listening to them chat and giggle as they play together. It is a sight to behold as they chase each other around the house and tackle each other. Knowing that they are starting to play with each other more gives me some hope that when the next baby comes they will be able to play together as I do the things I need too with the baby.

Jaris is slowly picking up more words and starting to say them. He mumbles a lot more than Kenzie does, yet part of his charm is his cute mumble. We were in the mall on Thursday and Jaris saw two little kids play tackling each other on the floor and well he wiggled away from Jeral and went running to join the action. Luckily we caught him In time because as he was running and laughing he lowered his head as he was about to connect with the head of another kid. His head connecting with any part of the body hurts. He has a big wonderful head. He will make a great football or rugby player some day!
Kenzie is in love with hockey. She asks to watch or play hockey everyday! She is definitely a mama's girl. She was sleeping in her own bed at night. However recently she started coming back to our room at night and snuggling with me. We will see how that goes when the baby comes. She loves picking out her own clothes and for the most part I encourage her creativity. Even on Sundays when getting ready for church however there may be some compromise so she does not freeze. Kenzie likes summer clothes! Kenzie also loves Scooby Doo. We are very intentional to point out the monsters are funny or silly looking, and not scary! Really she is in love with Scooby since he is a puppy!

Well that is all for now. Jeral took the kids outside so I have the house to myself! I think I will journal and read for a bit!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Leanne, you are beautiful! Outside and in!! I am so thankful for a friend like you. One who is real and transparent, who is authentic and loving and compassionate. Love you my friend.

Chris is a geek said...

Love your updates and continue to drop by your blog each day. I am so excited for your pregnancy and watching Kenzie and Jaris grow.

I would like to get together with you some time to visit and give you a hand, with or without my children. I could be better help to you without them ;0)

Let me know. Do you still have my email?
~Caroline Gilbank
(This is my husbands account)