Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, January 11, 2008

Full House

So this week we have had a full house. My brother in law moved in for the next little while. Which is going great. We have enjoyed this past week with him and to be honest we hardly ever see him. He gets up and leaves for school before we are up and at it for the day. Then he comes home and takes a nap in his room until it is supper time and then he heads back into his room to do home work and goes to bed. However on Wednesday night he did come out and do his homework in the kitchen and then hang out with my friend Misty and I. We were watching Extreme Make Over!

My friend Misty came to spend the week here with family and friends. I have not seen here for a little over a month and I know that really is not a long time. However when you are used to seeing someone every other week it feels like a life time when 5 weeks go by. It has been great catching up with her and just chilling, while staying up way to late. Her husband was taking a course is Kamloops for the week so he joined us tonight. So yeah for two people who tend to enjoying having a huge house all to themselves we have had a good amount of people here.

My 29th birthday is coming up soon and Jeral spent some time in Kelowna on Wednesday purchasing/ordering my gift. Well I have been doing everything I can think of to find out what it is. Short of snooping super hard to find the receipt of sale. He did come home with a bag from the jewelry store in Enderby for me today. However the box was wrapped so I would have to do something devious such as slice the tape to unwrap the box and then re-warp the box so Jeral would never know. I tend to like spoiling surprises, and find half the fun of finding out my gifts ahead of time is the challenge of finding out. I did make a promise though and that was to leave well enough alone until my birthday. This will be a challenge!!!

So in has been a month since we decided to stop trying to get pregnant. I'll be honest, so day I wonder if we made the right decision and then I take a moment to breathe and to remember how I felt when I was pumping my body full of hormones and then say "Yep we made the right decisions for now." And I know it is a decision blessed by God and desired by Him too. I am actually beginning to feel as though I am normal again and not such an emotional train wreck. Not that there is anything wrong with being emotional. I was just all over the map and feeling as though I was in a very dark place.

Since stopping the fertility drugs and deciding to spend some time getting not just emotionally healthy, but physically healthy too, so wonderful and amazing things have happened. I have started to loose a bit of weight. It is not falling off left right and centre and yet to loose even 6 pounds over Christmas is a miracle! Secondly for the first time in years I cycled naturally without the assistance of drugs to force it. I seriously almost started to dancing and shouting for joy in the restaurant restroom I was in when it started. For those of you who cycle naturally all the time and view it as a curse trust me when I say for a woman such as myself I am beginning to view a natural and regular cycle as a blessing and really hope that this continues to be the pattern and blessing in my life.

So now that I have been up way to late from and inability to sleep I am heading off to bed for a few short hours of rest before I go babysit this morning.

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love to spoil my gifts too yet I think it's because deep down I want to be really surprised.

I am glad that your cycle was normal and that you are losing weight and feeling a bit better about yourself. I hope that this year your marriage will be strengthened and so will your friendship with each other.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl - I am so happy for you that you are starting to feel more "normal". And double yay for a natural cycle!! That is awesome news. I hope you have a GREAT birthday and I love you lots friend!!!


Miranda