Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, January 14, 2008

So I have got a Cold!

So I have got a cold, and tomorrow we are leaving for a late anniversary get away! Oiy! I got sick on our honeymoon a little over a year, and now just as we are about to leave on a little get away I am sick again. Oh well nothing a little buckley's cannot handle.

So now that I have stopped complaining, we are leaving tomorrow for Abbotsford, Vancouver and Victoria. I am excited about Victoria. We are staying at a nice hotel in a beautiful room over looking the sea. Abbotsford will be nice just one night and then the next day on my birthday I have to sessions with Joy my counsellor. What a birthday gift huh!?! Actually as much as I have complained about it, getting to see Joy is a gift, because she is a wonderful woman, whom I respect very much, and there are many people in this world who cannot afford counselling and I feel very blessed that I can see Joy, so if the day I see her just happens to be on my birthday then so be it! I just hope she and Jesus take it easy on me.

I am also looking forward to Vancouver. My niece and I share the same birthday, so we are going to be spending that time with them. So exciting. I love having nieces and nephews. Normally we are hear spending my birthday on the 16th with my other niece on the 17th, so this year we getting to be with my other niece. And we are also going to be talking about adoption with my sister - in - law. So today is a busy day getting ready for the trip and also taking a bit of a break to get my haircut this afternoon.

Well for now I have taken enough of a break. I need to get back to packing and laundry. The next post will be after I am back!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Just read your last post. I hear you on wondering if God knows what He's doing. I have been fearful that we won't get pregnant with a second or that it will take a long time. I wanted to start sooner than later but when we prayed about it we felt we needed to wait a bit. I know what seems to make sense in my head yet I need to let go of those reigns and Trust Jesus. If God asked you for a year than maybe you don't need to look at adoption stuff. Maybe that isn't fully giving him a year? You are still trying to have control over some part of this.

Leanne said...

Hi Friend... I've been curious about your birthday gift!! Did it end up being a surprise or did you figure it out.
Was great to see you last week!!!